F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Seat belts locking during heat
ARMA SPEED

06-29-2020, 06:53 AM   #1
Ceejays88
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i

Seat belts locking during heat

Hi All

I have done a search and cant find any answers to my specific case.

I have had my car for 10 months now and its been absolutely fantastic, howere during this heatwave the UK have had when the car gets hot from the heat not from running (not sure if its outside or inside) the seatbelt locks as though im braking hard.
I have to pull it tiny bit by tiny bit, sometimes can take 10 mins to get my seatbelt on as soon as the car had cooled down or its a cold day then it works absolutely fine with no catches.

This happens on the drivers and the passenger seat, havent tried or tested the rears.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 04:08 AM   #2
thedoke
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series F30

Hi, did you manage to get to the bottom with what was causing this fault. I had the same issue and I'm now starting to experience this again now that the weather is starting to warm up?
Appreciate 0