F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Lost Real Time Traffic Info, BMW Assist says I have to pay for it
GetBMWParts

05-28-2020, 02:50 PM   #1
sinopath
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i(x) convertible

Lost Real Time Traffic Info, BMW Assist says I have to pay for it

Hello, I have lost RTTI for a while, finally calling BMW for an answer, Customer service refers me to BMW Assist which answers Connected Drive questions, the lady on the phone first confused that I have an issue with the BMW Connected Drive app, upon learning that I have the issue with the iDrive, she bluntly tells me "you only have Connected Drive essential", "you don't have traffic information", "your map won't update", and then went on listing all the prices. I then called my SA, he says the car might have come with certain ConnectedDrive subscriptions but eventually they will run out, which means I have to pay to get RTTI active again. I thought you pay for Advanced RTTI, but the regular RTTI came with the car and is free, no?

Last edited by sinopath; 05-28-2020 at 03:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 03:53 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

You pay for advanced RTTI. If you let that subscription expire you can use standard RTTI but you have to code iDrive for it to work. The necessary changes with NBT are

HU_NBT:

TI_TMC = aktiv
TI_CA_TMC = aktiv
TI_TPEG = nicht_aktiv
TI_CA_TPEG = nicht_aktiv
TI_TMC_REGIONAL = aktiv
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 04:23 PM   #3
sinopath
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
You pay for advanced RTTI. If you let that subscription expire you can use standard RTTI but you have to code iDrive for it to work. The necessary changes with NBT are

HU_NBT:

TI_TMC = aktiv
TI_CA_TMC = aktiv
TI_TPEG = nicht_aktiv
TI_CA_TPEG = nicht_aktiv
TI_TMC_REGIONAL = aktiv
Thanks, but if you have never paid for Advanced RTTI subscription will the standard RTTI work? I checked my VIN my car came with 6AM Real-Time Traffic Information, it seems counter-intuitive that it had to be coded to work.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 04:35 PM   #4
sinopath
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Finally found out what subscriptions I have and which have expired, the map update does require subscription, which is 75/year, RTTI 50/year, explains why my map version was stuck at 2019-3 because that's when it expired.

Last edited by sinopath; 05-28-2020 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 0