F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > 2011 BMW 335i N55 Replacement
ARMA SPEED

11-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #1
marioingraffia
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 340i, BMW E90 M3

2011 BMW 335i N55 Replacement

So I blow the turbo (per a mechanic) on my 11 335i that I drive all winter (cleveland,oh). It has 82k miles, and I am looking for suggestions and costs expectation on if I should just replace with OEM turbo, stage 1 or stage 2. Any suggest beside pure turbos? What should I expect to pay for labor? Anyone from NE Ohio have a trust mechanic too?

I have a down pipes, air intake & charge pipes installed. If I do stage 2 I'll also do a FMIC so any suggestions here?

I am driving this in Cleveland in the winter (xdrive and blizzak) but also drive it when it shitty out because my M3 isnt ideal in the late fall, early spring and winter. I appreciate your insights.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 10:56 AM   #2
BeerHerder
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335, G01 X3, Victory Vegas

Kinda depends on your budget. If you're 2011, you have pneumatic waste gate, so there's an advantage to doing pure turbo stage 1 without having to worry about the high cost of stage 2, etc. If you already have the turbo off, you could go all the way to stage 2, but then you run into fueling needs, so port injection, high flow / low flow fuel pumps, etc. to support it. Can't really comment on costs, though, except retail price of the turbos. There's one guy that was working with a different turbo manufacturer out of Germany, but I can't recall at the moment. If I find it, I'll link it over here, but you can also look through the N55 engine modification forum section.
FMIC, lots of people do Wagner, VRSF (some report fitment problems), CSF, and ER. Lots of debate on which one is "best" but they're all better than stock.
Appreciate 0