F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Beginner Tire Size Question
Studio RSR

11-04-2019, 10:34 AM   #1
peter1820
Registered
Romania
Rep
Drives: F30 320D xDrive

Beginner Tire Size Question

Hello everyone,

Until two months ago I owned an F30 320d ED, but unfortunately, I had a pretty big crash in it. 2 weeks ago I bought a new car, the same 3 series model, but this time a 320d with xDrive.

Now that the tire changing time is around the corner, I took I was wondering if my old tires are good for the xDrive, or not. I took a photo of the tire size/pressure chart from the driver door, but I can't really understand a lot of things from it, this is where I would ask for your help, kindly.

Based on the first photo, I "summarized" the things that I could deduce with my little experience, into a table (also attached, second photo). If anyone could take a look at it, and eventually correct the mistakes I've made in there, I would be very thankful! I kinda wrote down there any possible combination, and on some lines, I also wrote that I think it wouldn't be a good one. Anyway, shouldn't some triangles and circles be used to specify for which tire the dimensions are?

The car I bought is currently equipped with Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires of size 225/50 R17 94W. From the old car, I still have the winter tires: Nokian WR D4 225/50 R17 98H XL. As I see, the size would be a good fit, but would it represent a problem that the tires are non-run-flats? They also are 98H XL, instead of the specified 94H..

For next year I also plan on changing the summer tires with some bigger ones (R18 or even maybe R19), that's why also I created the table and I'm asking for your help here. I have my fair share of doubts for tires with the xDrive as I heard multiple not so good stories with some bad tire choices.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 12:05 PM   #2
RoIIouT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive M-Sport

The tires will fit that wheel. The portion that you seem to be getting hung up on is the load and speed rating. You can check out a chart here: https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/...e-descriptions

I have an xDrive and have always ran a square setup (all tires the same size). I believe you can go wider in the back, but the diameter should remain the same.
Appreciate 0