BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery UK 540i Touring Discounts/Spec

07-05-2018, 03:16 AM   #1
Steces
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 530d

UK 540i Touring Discounts/Spec

Hello from a noob planning to move from an F31 to a grown ups car

I have a quote from a broker of 43k on the road for a new 540i xDrive Touring

If anyone is lucky enough to have one and happy to share deals Id love to hear from you.

The car is vanilla spec, I'll probably add a few bits but unlike my F31 there seems little if any residual benefit on the obvious additions meaning they just cost full price over a PCP - by comparison ProNav on my current car upped the GFV meaning I only paid 'half price' for it over the term so a few nice options were easier to justify.

Regardless of the above I will definitely upgrade the speakers, probably HK???
And in the meantime whats it like to live with?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 06:36 AM   #2
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steces View Post
Hello from a noob planning to move from an F31 to a grown ups car

I have a quote from a broker of 43k on the road for a new 540i xDrive Touring

If anyone is lucky enough to have one and happy to share deals Id love to hear from you.

The car is vanilla spec, I'll probably add a few bits but unlike my F31 there seems little if any residual benefit on the obvious additions meaning they just cost full price over a PCP - by comparison ProNav on my current car upped the GFV meaning I only paid 'half price' for it over the term so a few nice options were easier to justify.

Regardless of the above I will definitely upgrade the speakers, probably HK???
And in the meantime whats it like to live with?

Cheers
I moved from a F32 to a G30 last December. Not exactly your move but similar in some respect. I'd say the biggest change for me is the interior quality. G30/31 is certainly good step-up and the options are also pretty good.

As for pricing, it's difficult to comment as it will depend on options you have within that spec and pricing also has changed a little bit. I used CarWow and got 24% off from the listed price. Downside was that I had to travel to a dealer 400 miles away from me to pick up the car. In the end, I didn't mind it as I got to drive home the car for good 6-7 hours
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 05:48 AM   #3
Bibbles
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 540i MPPSK

I did the same move as you are doing last year. I think anything that's 20% discount and above is good. The additional items to spec are up to individual taste and what you'll be using the car for. I don't do too many motorway miles so I didn't spec any of the autonomous driving bits above the standard cruise control and spent the money on the adaptive drive which I must say is hugely impressive and makes the car handle much better than it's size should allow. Whilst mentioning the size of it, the G31 is a large car and I don't think I'd want to navigate some of the multi storey carparks we have without the surround view.
Coming from the 335d you may miss some of the torque, I certainly did, although mine was remapped so it had some additional grunt to the standard car. I also expected more drama and sound from the 540i so ended up going with the MPPSK as well which is definitely worth the extra cash if a bit more noise and power floats your boat.
The car has been fantastic since I've had it, it carries the family and everything we need in comfort for miles and miles. With the back seats down it's cavernous and seriously handy for trips to the rubbish tip. Then when I feel like it, it'll blast down my favourite roads at pace to put a smile on my face.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 06:53 AM   #4
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Suggest looking at a site like Carwow to give you an idea of what discount you should be looking at
If buying on finance there may be more of a discount
Appreciate 0