E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Possible fuel pump leak

06-01-2018, 04:24 PM   #1
lwgrenier
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335i XDrive

Possible fuel pump leak

I replaced my HPFP on Wednesday. Car has been running very well since. Today I thought I’d take a peek to make sure all was well and I noticed a large wet spot under the pump. I know when I was putting the fuel lines back on I slightly overtorqued the one that goes to the injectors. I loosened it and tightened to spec but I’m wondering if I may have done some damage and created this leak. Does anyone have experience replacing the pump and if so how to troubleshoot what is leaking? Also want to make sure there’s no way it could be from the AC compressor or something... I’m not sure what the location of that is.

Last edited by lwgrenier; 06-01-2018 at 04:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 08:03 AM   #2
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

I honestly would replaced the over torqued junctions. For this job proper torque is super important. When i did the injectors i had to torque all 6 of the joints and never had issues after the job with fuel leaking. Over torquing most likely caused damage.
Appreciate 1
lwgrenier117.00
      06-04-2018, 09:08 AM   #3
lwgrenier
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pladi View Post
I honestly would replaced the over torqued junctions. For this job proper torque is super important. When i did the injectors i had to torque all 6 of the joints and never had issues after the job with fuel leaking. Over torquing most likely caused damage.
Okay I will do that. If my rail pressure is fine do you think there is any issue with driving the car in the meantime? It is a very mild leak.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 09:36 AM   #4
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwgrenier View Post
Okay I will do that. If my rail pressure is fine do you think there is any issue with driving the car in the meantime? It is a very mild leak.
We are talking fuel leak huge safety concern. But obs you are the best judge to that if its small and away from heat maybe ok but then again any spark or source of ignition around that area and BOOM. Its not diesel or kerosene/aircraft fuel.. gasoline is immediate propellant. Not something you mess around with honestly.
Appreciate 0