BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Anyone been able to get the 2% BMW Club discount in Canada?

05-10-2018, 04:23 PM   #1
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Anyone been able to get the 2% BMW Club discount in Canada?

Filed the application form with my local club today, but Unfortunately it got turned down. Not all M models are excluded from the discount, but I'm told the M2 Comp is being treated like the M2, and they're saying it's Limited inventories...

http://bmwclub.ca/benefits/discount/

Last edited by Lotus99; 05-10-2018 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 08:46 PM   #2
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Filed the application form with my local club today, but Unfortunately it got turned down. Not all M models are excluded from the discount, but I'm told the M2 Comp is being treated like the M2, and they're saying it's Limited inventories...

http://bmwclub.ca/benefits/discount/
sometimes it opens up later.. once again... early adopter doesn't get the worm..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 09:41 PM   #3
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

There was only one person to get the M2 covered, and that was only because the guy that was in charge of the program nationally, wasn't aware that it wasn't covered, initially.
I know this because I was at the BMW Club national meeting when it was in Saskatchewan, and heard it directly from the guy in charge of the program.
Our club president tells me that they are working on getting it taken off of the "not covered" list, but they are waiting to hear back from BMW Canada.
He also said that they just put the M5 on the "not covered" list.
      05-10-2018, 09:48 PM   #4
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
There was only one person to get the M2 covered, and that was only because the guy that was in charge of the program nationally, wasn't aware that it wasn't covered, initially.

I know this because I was at the BMW Club national meeting when it was in Saskatchewan, and heard it directly from the guy in charge of the program.

Our club president tells me that they are working on getting it taken off of the "not covered" list, but they are waiting to hear back from BMW Canada.
He also said that they just put the M5 on the "not covered" list.
Sounds like you might have some decent sources. Any idea how long that might take? And I wonder if one was to place an order today (my rep is ready to do so), and it opens up a week or two down the road, if they'd give me the discount?

Waiting a few more weeks to place an order would be tough, but not if it means I'd save $1400!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 09:51 PM   #5
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like you might have some decent sources. Any idea how long that might take? And I wonder if one was to place an order today (my rep is ready to do so), and it opens up a week or two down the road, if they'd give me the discount?

Waiting a few more weeks to place an order would be tough, but not if it means I'd save $1400!
No idea how long it will take - I kind of doubt if BMW Canada will reverse their decision.

From previous experience, one must have the application in place, ratified by your BMW Club president, and OK'd by BMW Canada, PRIOR to having your order finalized.

We had to jump through a pile of hoops to get coverage, when my wife bought her X6M, because we had already placed the order!

Good luck - hope you (and the rest of us!) can get it covered!!!

Last edited by TTBear; 05-10-2018 at 10:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 01:18 AM   #6
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
No idea how long it will take - I kind of doubt if BMW Canada will reverse their decision.

From previous experience, one must have the application in place, ratified by your BMW Club president, and OK'd by BMW Canada, PRIOR to having your order finalized.

We had to jump through a pile of hoops to get coverage, when my wife bought her X6M, because we had already placed the order!

So technically, it IS possible you're saying to get it even after you've ordered...

Keep me posted if you find anything more out.

So when are you going to order yours?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 10:23 AM   #7
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

So technically, it IS possible you're saying to get it even after you've ordered...

Quote:
Quote:

Hahaha

Technically possible, but I think it was a lot of "don't tell anyone about this"

(Oops lol)

I am on my way to the dealer to spec mine out, RIGHT NOW, haha

Only potential snag is the CF roof. If it's not available until November, then that will be an issue!

Good luck with yours!
      05-14-2018, 01:12 PM   #8
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha

Technically possible, but I think it was a lot of "don't tell anyone about this"

(Oops lol)

I am on my way to the dealer to spec mine out, RIGHT NOW, haha

Only potential snag is the CF roof. If it's not available until November, then that will be an issue!

Good luck with yours!
So how did it go? You're going to order it now and then see if you can swing the 2%, in case they come thru and allow the new M2 in the next few weeks? Dilemma...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 11:33 AM   #9
TTBear
Captain
Rep

I got shot down, too

BMW Club of Canada is working on getting it reversed, but I am virtually 100% sure that their efforts will not result in a positive outcome for us

I will continue to try, but I am thinking it's a no go. Boooo, BMW Canada, booooo. If anything, the M models are the ones that you SHOULD be covering - you should be looking after the true enthusiasts, rather than pandering to the guys and girls that own a BMW because it gets them from A to B. The enthusiasts are who will be promoting your marque, and it is only right to reward them for doing so!
      05-15-2018, 01:32 PM   #10
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I got shot down, too

BMW Club of Canada is working on getting it reversed, but I am virtually 100% sure that their efforts will not result in a positive outcome for us

I will continue to try, but I am thinking it's a no go. Boooo, BMW Canada, booooo. If anything, the M models are the ones that you SHOULD be covering - you should be looking after the true enthusiasts, rather than pandering to the guys and girls that own a BMW because it gets them from A to B. The enthusiasts are who will be promoting your marque, and it is only right to reward them for doing so!
Shoot! Thx 4 the update. Please let me know if you get anywhere, and I will do likewise.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 02:12 PM   #11
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I got shot down, too

Shoot! Thx 4 the update. Please let me know if you get anywhere, and I will do likewise.
Sooooo

I JUST heard from our club president, who is the VP for automobiles for BMW Club Canada.

Good news - the M2 has been taken off the banned list

Bad news - the M2 Competition remains on the list.

05-15-2018, 03:00 PM   #12
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Sooooo

I JUST heard from our club president, who is the VP for automobiles for BMW Club Canada.

Good news - the M2 has been taken off the banned list

Bad news - the M2 Competition remains on the list.

WTF? How does that even make sense? The M2 has been discontinued. So that's a moot point. If the M2 Comp is replacing the M2, and the M2 is now off the list, logic should follow that it now should be allowed.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 12:49 AM   #13
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

I see the buggers updated their site, and now it's official. We're not getting the discount on the new M2 Competition. But they're offering it on the discontinued M2! WTF?

"Due to limited import inventories, BMW M2 Competition, M4GTS, M5 and M5 Competition vehicles are not eligible for this reward program at this time. The M2 is eligible"
Appreciate 0