M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 DIY Guides

04-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #1
username8701
Private
Rep
Drives: M5

Just got my Comp Pkg. Aka Gas Whopper.. but I love it.. Anyway, didn't waste time ordering my mirror caps, diffuser, spoiler and Front Lip.
But Jeeze I need help with

1. MM double sided tape doesn't seem to hold as good as what was used on the original spoiler. So far the wide MM tape is ok but can I find some adhesive that would hold like the original glue?

2. One of the tabs on The mirror cap for the drivers side broke off so it's not sitting well. Any suggestions ? Pics below

3. The front bumper Lip doesn't seem to align with the holes under the car. No matter how hard I pushed it, I never really reached. HELP!!! Lol. Also there's another piece that comes with the Lip that RW says goes on top of the upper lip. They said I can drill holes too.. I'm like ???

4. Diffuser is done but the tabs don't click on the cars frame like it should. Sticks out a bit.

Help guys.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 08:21 PM   #2
JtheW
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 m850gc

I had that lip. It was a pain in the ass to get it to fit right and it never really did. If you can get the car up high like on a lift that would make a huge difference in getting the lip attached. I had to drill holes in the center piece too and again, if you can get the front of the car up high enough to get under it comfortably that will help a lot. Make sure you attach it really really good.