E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Manuals, Invoice/MSRP Pricing, Buying Guides, Bulletins, etc. > US BMW v. UK BMW options

06-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #1
RaileR
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

US BMW v. UK BMW options

Hi all, (new guy here)
I have researching the 335i for the past year and am going to purchase it early next year. I am in the US military stationed in England and I must say I am a bit disappointed that the US versions do not have a lot of the options as the UK BMW's have. I am wanting to purchase the 193M wheels but I have to buy them here and with the current exchange rates it is almost $4000 for the wheels/tires.
I have talked with the dealers downtown to see why the US does not have the M sport especially for the 335i and he told me the following. The only difference between the UK and US 335i and the M sport is: The UK 335i M sport has M steering wheel, body kit, wheels and M badging. So the US version if you buy the M steering wheel, body kit, badges, and get the wheels from the UK you will basically have the M sport version of the 335i.
If anyone knows if you can find the 193M wheels in the US, I would appreciate it.
Living in the UK, I should receive the car in May but unfortunately I cannot take delivery in Munich, unless I want to spend about $3000 more due to the light conversion and other taxes. Also I couldn't have it shipped to the Performance Center in S. Carolina which was a bummer as I want to enroll in the 2 day class. Has anyone done the performance driving school?
Thanks and cheers,

RaileR
Appreciate 0