E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Got my new 325!! Well chuffed!! (Pics)

06-19-2005, 02:15 AM   #1
nexus66
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Got my new 325!! Well chuffed!! (Pics)

Whoo-hooo!!! Picked up my new 325 today!!

I just wanted to share some pics with y'all to celebrate the arrival of my new toy!!

Got some questions/issues though!!

There's no torch in the glovebox - is there supposed to be??

Can you change the date format to dd/MM/yyyy instead of MM/dd/yyyy??

When playing an MP3 CD - I can get the Artist/Song displayed, but can you set this display to be the default? When I remove the key and re-insert it, the display reverts to the "Track 29" display!

Couple of noticeable flatspots when you give it some go!! Will these go away as it runs in?

Anyhows...piccies......
Attached Images

Last edited by nexus66; 06-19-2005 at 02:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 02:24 AM   #2
RedStripe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Gorgeous color, nice wheels... not as common as the 161's or 162's.

To answer one of your questions, yes, there should be a little flashlight in the glovebox. If you can't find it, you should go back to your dealer to ask for it.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 02:32 AM   #3
nexus66
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks RedStripe!!

Picked those wheels for that very reason! I hadn't seen them on a car yet!! They are a complete pain to keep clean though!! It took me AGES to wipe the spokes clean after my initial 30 miles! Just a pity that the rears are the same size as the fronts - still at least the tyres will be slightly cheaper...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 02:39 AM   #4
SteveG
Private
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport

Nexus,

I'm about to order the 320D SE for my company car but would like to know the following:

Did you upgrade your radio/cd package in order to play MP3's or does the standard head unit play them. If you did upgrade which unit did you have to go for and do you have to have the cd changer in the boot ?

Secondly I'm undecided whether to fork out for the half leather seats (can't run to full leather) and can't tell from the pics whether your's are half and half. I will be having sports seats but would appreciate a comment as to what which style yours are.

Cheers,

Steve.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 02:50 AM   #5
nexus66
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Steve,

The stereo is standard. I think they all play MP3 disks (unless you have Satellite/IDrive or is it IDrive - Yes, Sat - No ). But I am pretty impressed with the stereo - it's much better than the e46 one!! I'm sure there's been much discussion on here about what plays what! (And according to the manual, it'll also play WMA!)

I didn't get the half leather - the wife wouldn't allow me any other options. But the sports seats are fantastic! The electric side bolsters keep you firmly planted! Very comfortable and very adjustable!! I'm 6'4" and for once people can actually sit behind me!!

On another note - I wouldn't shell out for the Aluminium trim either - mine is standard matt titanium - and (IMHO) looks fantastic!

I've driven the 320d and it's a seriously good engine - just couldn't do without 7000rpm!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 03:09 AM   #6
SteveG
Private
Rep

Nexus,

I do circa 35k miles per year on business so the petrol isn't really an option although the 7000rpm is tempting.

Thanks for the tip on the matt titanium trim. I was unsure about which to go for. I'd have loved the 18" wheels as well but the company won't let me have them either so it will have to be the standard versions.

Will be having heated, half leather sports seats plus the sports suspension to try and disguise the fact that the 16" wheels are a bit small !!

I recently test drove the Audi A4 and when you got to 10mph all the four doors locked automatically and unlocked when you removed the ignition key. Is this available on the BMW ??

Cheers,

Steve.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 03:35 AM   #7
nexus66
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Crazy that they'll let you have sports seats, 1/2 leather, sports suspension but you can't change the wheels!! The sports suspension drops the ride height by 15mm so it will help with the smaller wheels.

Yes - the BMs can automatically lock the doors!You'll probably need to get it set up by the dealer - but it can be done on a per key basis. Along with other "memory" settings! Not sure what they all are though...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 03:40 AM   #8
SteveG
Private
Rep

Nexus,

Thanks for that.

The fleet rules are that you can change internal items but you must always go for standard wheels. Stupid I know !!!

All I need to decide now is colour. Graphite or Silver.

Steve.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 03:49 AM   #9
nexus66
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hmmm - a dilemma!! Personally I can't see past black, but it's a pain to keep clean! The graphite is certainly a lot more modern while Silver is definately "classic". I'd go graphite - it's a company car, so if the colour dates you'll have got rid of it by then!

Remember the green BMs that were all the rage years ago? Apparently it's a bitch to sell on now...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 03:54 AM   #10
crazybones
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 718S Boxster, Tesla Model Y

Nexus66 - answering the questions you raised:

Torch - yes, you should have one, but it's mounted higher than in my previous e46.

Date format - annoying isn't it? Haven't found a way to change it yet.

Artist/Name - Again, I can't find a way to change how they are shown. Hopefully a new software release or programming option at the dealer will sort it.

Flat spots - They don't go away. The "big one" is at 3100rpm. I've done 4000 miles and have tried running on Optimax and it makes no difference.

WMA - Yes, mine (non I-Drive) plays both WMA & MP3.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 03:57 AM   #11
pharding
Major
Rep
Drives: 23 Audi Q4 e-tron + 14 X3 28i

Congrats on your beautiful ride. I like the Titanium Trim with the Black on Black. It looks beautiful and unique.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 04:19 AM   #12
nexus66
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks Pharding... was really surprised by how much I liked the "standard" trim colour!! And was really happy to find it on the steering wheel as well! Is that because I ordered the sports wheel?

Crazybones, my torch is definately missing! Found the little recharge plug in bit, so off to the dealer we go!!

The date thing is really annoying - betch'a they've just forgotten to change the format for English UK from English US! Haven't tried setting it to any other languages to see if they're ok! Don't wanna get stuck with German or something cos I can't change it back cos I don't understand it!

Artist/Name - At least I found out how to browse the directories! Always help that "reading the manual (RTFM)" thing!!

Just need to see what happens with the flatspots - might just be the engine changing valve timings or something? Although I thought they were continually adjusting? Oh well - just need to keep the revs over 5000!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 04:48 AM   #13
jhbodle
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus66
Thanks Pharding... was really surprised by how much I liked the "standard" trim colour!! And was really happy to find it on the steering wheel as well! Is that because I ordered the sports wheel?

Crazybones, my torch is definately missing! Found the little recharge plug in bit, so off to the dealer we go!!

The date thing is really annoying - betch'a they've just forgotten to change the format for English UK from English US! Haven't tried setting it to any other languages to see if they're ok! Don't wanna get stuck with German or something cos I can't change it back cos I don't understand it!

Artist/Name - At least I found out how to browse the directories! Always help that "reading the manual (RTFM)" thing!!

Just need to see what happens with the flatspots - might just be the engine changing valve timings or something? Although I thought they were continually adjusting? Oh well - just need to keep the revs over 5000!
Crazybones is right about the flatspots i'm afraid. Happens on mine too. However, I have no doubt that a software update will fix it, it's just a matter of when they are going to release it.

As for the date thing - yes, it can be done! Page 52 of the user manual, 'Formats and Units of Measure'

Awesome car by the way...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 05:02 AM   #14
nexus66
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbodle
Crazybones is right about the flatspots i'm afraid. Happens on mine too. However, I have no doubt that a software update will fix it, it's just a matter of when they are going to release it.

As for the date thing - yes, it can be done! Page 52 of the user manual, 'Formats and Units of Measure'

Awesome car by the way...
Crazybones - jhbodle is right, the date format CAN be changed!! Whoo-hoo!! When you go into the Formats and Units of measure menu, then select the tt/mm option or whatever it is, if you look at the scroll bar on the right of the display you'll see it is actually near the bottom. Push the selector wheel up and voila another option appears! Select it and the date format is changed!!

This is a bit of bad design I think! The selected option appears at the top of the screen and you need to rely on looking at the scroll bar to indicate that there are options above!! But who cares - it's sorted!

The flatspots definately look like they need a software update!! I'm sure a new 'map' will fix the problem! Just don't wanna have to wait until 1st service to get it fixed! But I'm sure someone will post when an update becomes available!!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 05:36 AM   #15
jhbodle
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Good to know it worked!

The only thing i'm worried about with the software update thing is that my dealer never likes to update the software. With my E46 they were reluctant to do it because 'it would cause more problems than it would solve'. I hope they dont say that with my E90!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 07:21 AM   #16
Gnosis
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i on order :-)

Great looking set-up! Very much in my taste!

Is that the sapphire black or the jet black? Always hard to tell in photos...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 08:26 AM   #17
crazybones
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 718S Boxster, Tesla Model Y

Thanks nexus66 & jhbodle - it just shows that I should have read the manual more closely! I can't see any settings though to change the artist/songs settings.

My dealer volunteered the software updates. There were 2 minor ones already available which he downloaded.

BMW must be aware of the flatspot issue which does not improve even when run in. We'll just have to keep pushing the dealers until it's corrected.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 09:05 AM   #18
MBChariot
HESSEN///M3
Panama
Rep
Drives: TIag E46 ///M3

Wow! That car looks beautiful, can't wait until mine comes

"A6 direction Saarbrücken"
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 09:44 AM   #19
nexus66
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis
Great looking set-up! Very much in my taste!

Is that the sapphire black or the jet black? Always hard to tell in photos...
Jet black, Gnosis... I think the flat black is a better colour if you are sad (like me!) and really enjoy cleaning your car! My e46 was sapphire black and it never took as good a polish as the flat black. I'd say metallics are for those that aren't as obsessive!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 10:01 AM   #20
E90coupe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 coupe

WOW iv picked my interior after seeing your car!!! And its going to be a lot cheaper too!! Great choice!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 10:43 AM   #21
Gnosis
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i on order :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus66
Jet black, Gnosis... I think the flat black is a better colour if you are sad (like me!) and really enjoy cleaning your car! My e46 was sapphire black and it never took as good a polish as the flat black. I'd say metallics are for those that aren't as obsessive!
Nice, nice... Jet black is what I have on order too! Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2005, 11:29 AM   #22
Bimmer325iSE
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 325iSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybones

Flat spots - They don't go away. The "big one" is at 3100rpm. I've done 4000 miles and have tried running on Optimax and it makes no difference.
my car is going into production in July. Is it likely that BMW will have resolved the "flat spot" issues by then???

I'd be seriously pi**ed off if there was a power lag at 3100rpm on my car. After all BMW always say that they are "passionate" about their engines. You'd think they'd focus on the engine software to ensure its bug free. :mad:

If this problem existed much higher up on the rev range (5000+) then I guess I wouldnt that bothered.

BTW Sweet car Nexus66 - Let just hope an update comes out soon.

Deposit placed for E90 M3.
Appreciate 0