E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > How long for adaptations to adjust themselves w/o intervention?

12-13-2017, 01:33 PM   #1
Adieu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d

How long for adaptations to adjust themselves w/o intervention?

Is there a mileage or hours figure until the car cycles out its old adaptations?

I'm told I need an adaptation reset for a new MAF, and I might need a throttle adaptation as well. And possibly tranny because I had driven it for thousands of miles in limp mode on a dead MAF.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
jjbaldasano
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

I presume you are getting code and service engine light. I was getting mass air code after I did CBU cleaning and was never able to get it to stop recurring. After 2 months and many code clearing the error continued upon every car restart. Finally, when I went to dealer to get Driver Side airbag recall complete I got the shop to reset mass air adaptation (I do not have ISTA software, only code reader). Code cleared and no more recurrence or check light.
Appreciate 0