BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2 Competition - Pull ahead timing question

12-08-2017, 06:20 PM   #1
GaoKS
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 Raptor

M2 Competition - Pull ahead timing question

Hello all. I Currently lease a F10 535i but have been lurking the M2/M3/M4 forums for a while. My lease on the 5er ends 11/2018. After spending the day in the M240i during a BMW Performance Day in SC, I really enjoyed the car, and quite contrary to my prior opinion, it was deceivingly roomy and I didn't feel in the least bit cramped. Anyways, I've been following the numerous rumors over the last few months and it appears that the new model M2 featuring the S55 looks to be going into production somewhere between March-June of 2018, at least according to rumors.

Given I'm sure many of you who currently have the F82 experienced various delays, wait times and I'm sure lease pull aheads - do you have any insight around when I should begin speaking with dealers around putting a deposit down for an allocation? As soon as a formal announcement is made? Now? If they announce beginning of 2018, or February etc, would that be too early to begin the process given my lease doesn't end until November 18? I've done some searching but figured if pick some of your brains, given I'm sure there has been some experiences with extended wait times given demand.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 06:35 PM   #2
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaoKS View Post
Hello all. I Currently lease a F10 535i but have been lurking the M2/M3/M4 forums for a while. My lease on the 5er ends 11/2018. After spending the day in the M240i during a BMW Performance Day in SC, I really enjoyed the car, and quite contrary to my prior opinion, it was deceivingly roomy and I didn't feel in the least bit cramped. Anyways, I've been following the numerous rumors over the last few months and it appears that the new model M2 featuring the S55 looks to be going into production somewhere between March-June of 2018, at least according to rumors.

Given I'm sure many of you who currently have the F82 experienced various delays, wait times and I'm sure lease pull aheads - do you have any insight around when I should begin speaking with dealers around putting a deposit down for an allocation? As soon as a formal announcement is made? Now? If they announce beginning of 2018, or February etc, would that be too early to begin the process given my lease doesn't end until November 18? I've done some searching but figured if pick some of your brains, given I'm sure there has been some experiences with extended wait times given demand.
That depends on when you want the car. Most dealerships will probably have a wait list and/or will try to charge ridiculous mark ups on the first few cars.

You should start talking to dealerships pronto and be willing to wait a little to get a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #3
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

M2 Competition starts production in July 2018, you need to go to the dealer asap and talk to them about putting down a deposit or getting on the list (my local dealer already has a long list btw). Also call around other dealers and try to get on multiple lists if possible.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 07:26 PM   #4
GaoKS
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r View Post
M2 Competition starts production in July 2018, you need to go to the dealer asap and talk to them about putting down a deposit or getting on the list (my local dealer already has a long list btw). Also call around other dealers and try to get on multiple lists if possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
Quote:

That depends on when you want the car. Most dealerships will probably have a wait list and/or will try to charge ridiculous mark ups on the first few cars.

You should start talking to dealerships pronto and be willing to wait a little to get a good deal.
I want the car to be timed as close to the end of my lease as possible. I guess it would be even better if it was August 2018, assuming there would be a 3 month pull ahead at the time? I guess that's wishful thinking. In regards to markup, the dealer here in TX has told me in the past they don't mark up cars, I guess we will see. We relocated from Vegas and have definitely seen some crazy markups there and in So Cal Area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll reach out to my CA. Wasn't sure how it would work in terms of deposit or waiting list without any release details. Sorry for the ignorance, this will be my 3rd BMW, but have always been cars on the lot, never an order.

BMW Past Rides: 2023 G80 Comp, 2023 G80 xDrive, 2021 M3 Comp, 2020 M340i, 2019 540i, 2016 M4, 2016 535i, 2008 545i
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 08:37 PM   #5
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
I want the car to be timed as close to the end of my lease as possible. I guess it would be even better if it was August 2018, assuming there would be a 3 month pull ahead at the time? I guess that's wishful thinking. In regards to markup, the dealer here in TX has told me in the past they don't mark up cars, I guess we will see. We relocated from Vegas and have definitely seen some crazy markups there and in So Cal Area.

Thanks for the info. I'll reach out to my CA. Wasn't sure how it would work in terms of deposit or waiting list without any release details. Sorry for the ignorance, this will be my 3rd BMW, but have always been cars on the lot, never an order.
Seems word around this forum is the waiting list for the M2 Competition is already long.
Appreciate 0