BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Winter tyres for the UK?

11-04-2017, 03:56 AM   #1
G30Andy
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 520d SE on order

Winter tyres for the UK?

This is the first RWD car I've had and as I live on the edge of the peak district I guess I'm going to need some winter/all season tyres at some point.

I was thinking of putting some cross climates on but then I thought about proper winters and changing them twice a year? I'm not going to be getting a second set of alloys.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 05:11 AM   #2
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (G01) xDrive20i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30Andy View Post
This is the first RWD car I've had and as I live on the edge of the peak district I guess I'm going to need some winter/all season tyres at some point.

I was thinking of putting some cross climates on but then I thought about proper winters and changing them twice a year? I'm not going to be getting a second set of alloys.

Thanks
HI mate,

I have had winters for my F10 which is gone now and i bought winters for my G30 and getting them fitted next thursday and my wifes this thursday.

I live in the north east and last couple days we have had some cold days and frost in the morning.

I did buy some alloys so i have two sets. I am not sure how it would work out with the staggered summer selection.

But the deal i got was string and basically it worked out i was paying for the tyres really and the alloys came in as a freebie nearly but that was back in the summer and i have a good relationship with my dealer. Now i dont think you will get such a deal. but worth a try.

I have got the 18" for the winter and 19" for the summer.

684 V Spoke winter wheels and tyre set tyres on the alloys are 245/45R18 V Goodyear Ultra Grip 8 Performance Runflats

Hope it helps
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 03:12 PM   #3
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
I’ve got the staggered 19s on winter Pirelli RFTswith the x drive. But soft at the moment and a tad noisy but hoping it’ll keep us safe
Appreciate 0