BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > XPEL prime window tint --> Black or charcoal color??

10-30-2017, 04:03 PM   #1
Xtianh
LA transplant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 MG

Question XPEL prime window tint --> Black or charcoal color??

My M2 is currently in the shop getting a full xpel stealth wrap , and soon thereafter will be tinted with XPEL prime ceramic tint. My installer is offering black or charcoal for the tint. He said that charcoal is chosen by 80%+ of his clientele and he generally thinks it will look better on my matte MG M2. Have any of you seen/used both of these colors and can gave any input?

I would have thought black would be nicer, but I'm being recommended charcoal, so now I'm conflicted.
      11-06-2017, 11:06 AM   #2
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

PRIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtianh View Post
My M2 is currently in the shop getting a full xpel stealth wrap , and soon thereafter will be tinted with XPEL prime ceramic tint. My installer is offering black or charcoal for the tint. He said that charcoal is chosen by 80%+ of his clientele and he generally thinks it will look better on my matte MG M2. Have any of you seen/used both of these colors and can gave any input?

I would have thought black would be nicer, but I'm being recommended charcoal, so now I'm conflicted.
After speaking with our lead XPEL corporate tinter, he suggests the PRIME XR Black may be the better fit to go with the MG paint. It really comes down to personal preference though, you can ask your installer to hold a piece of each film up against your windows and then make your decision from there. On my personal F30 I put Black to match my black interior.

Hope this helps. Thank-you for choosing XPEL STEALTH and PRIME to protect your ///M2.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 08:08 PM   #3
S1monQc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 AW M2

I got black on my Alpine White and it looks great.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 05:05 PM   #4
Xtianh
LA transplant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPEL View Post
After speaking with our lead XPEL corporate tinter, he suggests the PRIME XR Black may be the better fit to go with the MG paint. It really comes down to personal preference though, you can ask your installer to hold a piece of each film up against your windows and then make your decision from there. On my personal F30 I put Black to match my black interior.

Hope this helps. Thank-you for choosing XPEL STEALTH and PRIME to protect your ///M2.
Appreciate your opinion, but you were right, it's definitely personal preference as both look really good. I ended up going with Charcoal because I thought that the hue contrasted nicely with the MG on the outside. Very happy with the results!
      11-10-2017, 07:47 AM   #5
hshot_rooke
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtianh View Post
Appreciate your opinion, but you were right, it's definitely personal preference as both look really good. I ended up going with Charcoal because I thought that the hue contrasted nicely with the MG on the outside. Very happy with the results!
got pics?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 12:23 PM   #6
Xtianh
LA transplant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshot_rooke View Post
got pics?
See here: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1438465