BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Harmon Kardon - Configuring Equalizer effectively - help needed

10-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #1
Darbouche
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 5 Series M sport

Harmon Kardon - Configuring Equalizer effectively - help needed

Hi Guys. I am new to this forum so bare with me.
I have just taken delivery of my new G30 and found the Harmon Kardon sound system to be a bit of a let down. On playing around with it today I have found the option to configure the equalizer settings and playing around with some of these appears to make it sound better but still doesn’t sound quite right. Anyone else experiencing this? Please share your thoughts / advice / equalizer settings it would be great. I am from UK and into most chart music, R&B, hip hop etc normal stuff.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 09:26 PM   #2
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbouche View Post
Hi Guys. I am new to this forum so bare with me.
I have just taken delivery of my new G30 and found the Harmon Kardon sound system to be a bit of a let down. On playing around with it today I have found the option to configure the equalizer settings and playing around with some of these appears to make it sound better but still doesn’t sound quite right. Anyone else experiencing this? Please share your thoughts / advice / equalizer settings it would be great. I am from UK and into most chart music, R&B, hip hop etc normal stuff.
Howdy, welcome! There's a whole iDrive/Audio/Electronics subforum so check it out, but that said I ended up using the settings found here. So far so good, though it seems something on the rear passenger side is maxing out / clipping or something is vibrating with certain songs. Also the system takes some time to break in, since the speakers are all brand new. (also.. I don't use the towel, and surround is still on.)
      10-04-2017, 05:09 AM   #3
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

Heh, that's me
Appreciate 0