F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > NBT Evo GPS Signal not working
Extreme Powerhouse

09-25-2017, 04:59 AM   #1
zeeshee786
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i E93

Red face NBT Evo GPS Signal not working

Hi All,

I bought an F30 which was stolen/recovered. The thieves managed to rip the headunit out and cut the wiring for it! Scum! Anyway, I've soldered all the wiring loom back together and everything works fine except for the GPS. It's not getting a signal from the ethernet(?) I'm guessing?

So I've tried to buy a GPS antenna from eBay and stick it into the blue GPS port on the back of the headunit but I'm still getting no signal? Any ideas what could be causing this? Do I need to somehow tell the head unit to get the signal from the separate GPS antenna rather than the ethernet?

If so, does anyone know what code I need to amend? I have access to E-sys etc. Any help would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 01:47 PM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

HU_NBT2 => SYSTEM_GPS_RECEIVER = aktiv (NBT2) or nicht_aktiv (ATM)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 04:39 PM   #3
boldorider4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i F22

Hi there,

I ran into the same issue after retrofitting an ID6 to an F22. I had a GPS connector going to the previously fitted ENTRYNAV, so I was fortunate enough I didn't have to install an aftermarket antenna. Instead I connected the pre-existing OEM GPS cable to the Evo. After many attempts I discovered I had to FDL code the following parameters:

Code:
GPS_FROM_NAVI --> aktiv
SYSTEM_RECEIVER_GPS --> aktiv
TELEMATIC_ECU --> nicht_aktiv
The third one is especially useful because otherwise your car will always try to get the GPS signal from the ATM unit.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2023, 05:38 AM   #4
Tommo3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F31 318d

I would be amazed if the HU got the GPS signal from some sort of ethernet.
Even a smartphone has a sperate GPS processor and does not need a mobile phone connection or signal to use GPS.
Appreciate 0