F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Air intake options.
GetBMWParts

09-21-2017, 03:37 PM   #1
Knuckle89
Rep
Drives: F30 320d SE 6MT MY2013

Air intake options.

I'm quite interested in air intake options, primarily to increase the noise of the turbo spool and waste gate (if that's the right term).

I was watching a ton of YouTube videos today. An interesting but stupid video of some guys who stuck a filter direct to the turbo on an e90 gave some interesting turbo chatter. Is this always happening but silenced by the associated piping / silencer?

Other videos showed induction cones which I've never had on a turbo or diesel motor, but on naturally aspirated petrols are quite loud.

The logical option would be to pop in a performance filter such as a k&n (maf issues a myth?) or pipercross (foam, but saw a video on YouTube of someone moaning as theirs had broken up and could have been ingested)

Has anyone done this on a 4 cylinder diesel (mines a euro 320d) with decent results to primarily, sound?

Are there any air box modifications that can increase noise?

Advice appreciated!
Appreciate 1
CL5337.00