F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > loaner car yields higher appreciation
proTUNING Freaks

08-23-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
graphicjunkie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 535d Msport Xdrive

loaner car yields higher appreciation

My car threw a code for a bad injector. So it's been in the shop since Friday getting replaced. Irony is that the dealer had to get permission from BMW to replace the injector. They use special ones apparently. The code it threw says bad injector....but BMW is making them run all kinds of tests to see if it's EGR related or PCM related or what not.
As a loaner car, they gave me a 320i, pretty basic model. Not a bad car, but man does it make me appreciate the refinement of my little diesel and all the packages it has. Handling is so much smoother having the lower profile tires.
Power distribution is different. The 320i seems like a pig until you wind it up to about 4K. The list goes on. So I can't wait to get my ride back.

Side note, while waiting for my loaner car to get back from the gas station, I was roaming the lot drooling on some of the new models. A guy came strolling through the lot in a ~2009 blue Alpina B7. Always kind of been my dream car, but have never seen one in person. Pictures and videos on line do it no justice. That sealed the deal for me, and I've already started the down payment savings. Put my bike up for sale, gonna sell my old vette... ...Yea, I gotta have one.
Appreciate 0