F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > entrynav_HU upgrade to NBT Questions
GetBMWParts

08-06-2017, 01:51 PM   #1
rruunneerr
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 2010 M Sport Business

entrynav_HU upgrade to NBT Questions

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a NBT HU, controller and screen for my 2015 (Oct-15 build) BMW F30 M sport LCI. The current system fitted is a 606 Business unit with DAB and Nav and a LCI high screen 8.8"

FYI, I some basic coding experience, the E-Sys software and cable.

My questions I would really like answering before i commit to buy are:

1- I currently have DAB, so if the new NBT_HU has DAB will the cable connector fit?

2- I don't want to change the idrive controller as the fitting looks painful so will my current non touch controller work the as normal?

3- Also could I use the my recently fitted LCI high 8.8" screen with the NBT_HU?

4- As I currently have Sat Nav, will the connection be the same for the 3D maps on the NBT_HU?

5- I currently have the connecteddrive apps and map updates will I still be able to use these on the NBT_HU?

6- Also would I need to use emulator for the VIN of the NBT or would my car VIN be OK to accept the new HU? If emulator is required can someone please explain how this would work?

7- Any additional connectors or wiring required?

8- Finally please advise what coding would be required?

I appreciate this is a lot questions but I would really appreciate any info/knowledge anyone can share to help me determine what is required to undertake before I commit to buying.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Kev
Appreciate 0