F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bmw - Hifi 676 - Most Signal
ARMA SPEED

08-04-2017, 03:50 PM   #1
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30

Bmw - Hifi 676 - Most Signal

Do you know if the HIFI 676 option is ok with this option below sold by John Kliess? What's the best benefits? less splicing of wires??

"BMW Full Digital Upgrade (Full DA)

To optimise the best transfer of signal, the Bit DMI can pick up the BMW’s MOST signal and convert it to a Toslink optical output. Using the Audison Bit DMI Digital Interface we can provide our Audison AP8.9 Bit Amplifier (as used in our Audio Package 3) with an optical digital signal direct from the factory BMW stereo.

This goes direct into the Prima Amplifier to ensure the utmost signal integrity and keeping the audio controls built into the OEM head unit such as volume, balance and tone controls – as well as the hands-free kit, navigation system and parking sensor alerts unaltered.

No high-level speaker inputs, No internal BMW amplifier, just pure Full Digital Audio Signal.

This costs a further £649.99 fully installed on to our Package 3. This is also covered with us under the 3 year Four Master Dealership Warranty."
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 01:17 AM   #2
carlr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 G22 M440i

MOST signal requires H/K option or re-coding the HU to H/K and you can tap MOST on the back of the HU. 676 is balanced low-level only to the amp.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 01:08 PM   #3
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlr View Post
MOST signal requires H/K option or re-coding the HU to H/K and you can tap MOST on the back of the HU. 676 is balanced low-level only to the amp.

Thank you very much. makes perfect sense.

Is the quality much better when you compare MOST Signal vs Low Level.

I have Hifi 676 and the installer was going to tap into the wires after the oem 676 amp to plug into aftermarket amp.

Is it alot of work to remove OEM Head Unit. I assume its a one optical out cable from OEM HEAD UNIT into MOST device and then into Aftermarket amp?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 05:27 AM   #4
oliverpool
Rep
Drives: 116D

How does the most take in the rear channels? As I understand the pdc only goes to the rear channel. So if bit dmi is 2 channel only, I assume it only extracts the front two channels. So where does the rear pdc sound go
To?
Appreciate 0