F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Genuine or not?
Extreme Powerhouse

04-28-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
DanTM335
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335D

Genuine or not?

Ok, I want to change my front grill and also add a splitter. I've had a price from my local BMW dealers which was just over 1100, that's for grill, front splitter, boot spoiler plus fitting. I've seen lots of non genuine parts for sale at a fraction of the price I've been quoted. I'm sure lots of you out there have added these extras so was just wondering what you think is the best thing to do? Also if you have any photos of non genuine part fitted I'd really like to see. Thanks
      04-28-2017, 02:26 PM   #2
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Q7 & 22 4XE

I fitted an eBay front lip on my previous car. Fitment was pretty good. Actually paid the dealer to install it and they did a great job. Problem with eBay is that there are a millions sellers... kind of hard to pick one! I posted a picture in my other post.
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2017, 02:30 PM   #3
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTM335 View Post
Ok, I want to change my front grill and also add a splitter. I've had a price from my local BMW dealers which was just over 1100, that's for grill, front splitter, boot spoiler plus fitting. I've seen lots of non genuine parts for sale at a fraction of the price I've been quoted. I'm sure lots of you out there have added these extras so was just wondering what you think is the best thing to do? Also if you have any photos of non genuine part fitted I'd really like to see. Thanks
Go ebay.....find a reputable seller and you will be happy. OEM plastic really isn't that much different than aftermarket plastic.

I used Selma auto restyle store on ebay.
      04-28-2017, 02:33 PM   #4
DanTM335
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTM335 View Post
Go ebay.....find a reputable reseller and you will be happy. OEM plastic really isn't that much different than aftermarket plastic.

I used Selma auto restyle store on ebay.
Thanks for replies. I'll try and find a good seller. I don't think I can justify the £500 the dealers want for the splitter!