F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Carbon exhaust tips & springs
Studio RSR

04-28-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
mitchellm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 340i x drive

Carbon exhaust tips & springs

Quick question guys; does the carbon exhaust tips fit a standard exhaust for a 340i?

Also I want to lower the car but nothing dramatic. I was looking to drop an inch. I know H&R are
Recommended but I think that might be a bit low.

Thanks
      04-28-2017, 11:39 AM   #2
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellm View Post
Quick question guys; does the carbon exhaust tips fit a standard exhaust for a 340i?

Also I want to lower the car but nothing dramatic. I was looking to drop an inch. I know H&R are

Thanks
don't get lowering springs, they will wear out your factory dampers much quicker then they otherwise would. either you do it right the first time with coilovers or dedicated strut/spring combo, or dont do anything to your suspension.

if you want to upgrade exhaust tips, why not do something to your exhaust? if you want good sound and performance, get a downpipe. you can always go catted if you need to pass smog. if you just want more sound but keep the downpipe stock, do an axle-back muffler upgrade and get some nice exhaust tips.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 01:57 PM   #3
mitchellm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 340i x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8-6IX View Post
Quote:

Thanks
don't get lowering springs, they will wear out your factory dampers much quicker then they otherwise would. either you do it right the first time with coilovers or dedicated strut/spring combo, or dont do anything to your suspension.

if you want to upgrade exhaust tips, why not do something to your exhaust? if you want good sound and performance, get a downpipe. you can always go catted if you need to pass smog. if you just want more sound but keep the downpipe stock, do an axle-back muffler upgrade and get some nice exhaust tips.
Honestly I love the m performance carbon tips. I would love the full MPPK but is pricey.

I like the idea of warranty so will prob end up doing the Dinan stage 1. I know everyone loves jb4 but I would stress the whole time.
      04-28-2017, 02:13 PM   #4
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Honestly I love the m performance carbon tips. I would love the full MPPK but is pricey.

I like the idea of warranty so will prob end up doing the Dinan stage 1. I know everyone loves jb4 but I would stress the whole time.
good decision to stick with the warranty friendly dinan tune.

but honestly... if you want more sound and plan to mess around with the exhaust tips, may as well go for a new muffler with some fancy tips. wont be expensive, will sound great, and you'll still have nice exhaust tips. I think it would be more worthwhile.
Appreciate 0