BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Wrapping Entire Car with 3M Pro or Xpel

04-21-2017, 03:39 PM   #1
LA_M2
Private
Rep
Drives: Black M2

Wrapping Entire Car with 3M Pro or Xpel

Has anyone here wrapped their entire car with 3M Pro or Xpel? What are the pros and cons? How much did it cost you? I'm sure cost is one of the cons.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 04:03 PM   #2
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

There have been several people who have had Xpel Stealth applied, it is basically a version of Xpel Ultimate but rather than clear it creates a matte-paint effect.

Cost is going to be the main con with it.

Often if you're going to go to the cost of applying it to the whole car then many consider either the matte effect or wrapping to apply a different colour instead.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 06:47 PM   #3
LA_M2
Private
Rep
Drives: Black M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux2005 View Post
There have been several people who have had Xpel Stealth applied, it is basically a version of Xpel Ultimate but rather than clear it creates a matte-paint effect.

Cost is going to be the main con with it.

Often if you're going to go to the cost of applying it to the whole car then many consider either the matte effect or wrapping to apply a different colour instead.
Thanks Tux! From some of the threads that I read, there is a difference in quality of a vinyl wrap (matte or other color) vs 3M pro or Xpel. 3M pro and Xpel are much better at protecting your car than a vinyl. I don't if this is true or not.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 06:51 PM   #4
MBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 BSM M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_M2 View Post
Has anyone here wrapped their entire car with 3M Pro or Xpel? What are the pros and cons? How much did it cost you? I'm sure cost is one of the cons.
I wrapped the entire car in Xpel Stealth. I'll be posting a thread later with pics. I literally just got it done. It will cost around 5-6k.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 06:21 PM   #5
P4rD0nM3
youtube.com/rodoabadtv
Rep
Drives: 2017 Dinan M2, 2023 X3MC

Garage List
Had mine fully done too. I'd like to preserve the quality of the paint for as long as I can since I bought this car and since I also like road trips, I'd like this car to be protected as much as possible. Add to that the fact that the parking lot at the office can get pretty busy the protection that XPEL ultimate adds gives me some piece of mind.

Mine cost around 6K (with labor).

Last edited by P4rD0nM3; 04-24-2017 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
LA_M217.50