F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > More issues with my car!
Extreme Powerhouse

03-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
2012328i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i 2015 328xi

More issues with my car!

Im still new to the Ultimate driving machine but I have owned since July.
1, check engine light on in November and dropped it off and they replaced the coolant sensor.. so I figured no big deal..
2, check engine light on again in December and dropped off again and this time they replaced the coolant sensor again and the thermostat. A little upset they didn't do this the first time..
3, check engine light on again in March now the cooling fan is staying on so I dropped it off again with a bit of an attitude...The car is under CPO till August 2018 so all been covered with no out of pocket and the cars only got 40,000 miles on it..
This time there telling me that the fan was staying on because the thermostat in the trans cooler is bad and they are going to replace the trans cooler cause it's internal and not replaceable..The engine was not heated..
Hard to tell with no Temp gauge..anyway this has been not the best experience so far but I really love the car..

I talked to the service adviser one on one with no one else there and asked him I need some honest answers.. He told me that he would let the car go when the CPO is over. That engine is not the most reliable as it the N26 and trhey have had a few with timing chain issues so if it starts to wine when cold bring it in for replacement of the chains and oil pump.
Great news
I have had Hondas and all of them I put over 200 thousand miles on with next to no issues at all...
This is really hard to swallow about BMW and making it hard to consider another one in the future.
Oh and they told me they will not code out stop start so is there any one that I can bring the car to that will do that for me???
Comments please from you guys....Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 09:51 AM   #2
Vojta89
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012328i View Post
Im still new to the Ultimate driving machine but I have owned since July.
1, check engine light on in November and dropped it off and they replaced the coolant sensor.. so I figured no big deal..
2, check engine light on again in December and dropped off again and this time they replaced the coolant sensor again and the thermostat. A little upset they didn't do this the first time..
3, check engine light on again in March now the cooling fan is staying on so I dropped it off again with a bit of an attitude...The car is under CPO till August 2018 so all been covered with no out of pocket and the cars only got 40,000 miles on it..
This time there telling me that the fan was staying on because the thermostat in the trans cooler is bad and they are going to replace the trans cooler cause it's internal and not replaceable..The engine was not heated..
Hard to tell with no Temp gauge..anyway this has been not the best experience so far but I really love the car..

I talked to the service adviser one on one with no one else there and asked him I need some honest answers.. He told me that he would let the car go when the CPO is over. That engine is not the most reliable as it the N26 and trhey have had a few with timing chain issues so if it starts to wine when cold bring it in for replacement of the chains and oil pump.
Great news
I have had Hondas and all of them I put over 200 thousand miles on with next to no issues at all...
This is really hard to swallow about BMW and making it hard to consider another one in the future.
Oh and they told me they will not code out stop start so is there any one that I can bring the car to that will do that for me???
Comments please from you guys....Thanks
Start/Stop can be coded out by mobile phone App - I have this adapter with their app and it works great Coded out in 5 minutes
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 10:25 AM   #3
anotheran
Sedan Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: A nice car

BMW makes a lot of running changes every MY and even mid-MY. You bought the first MY of the F30. Not surprised. And most owners who don't plan to keep the car long don't keep them well maintained... like a rental

I'd go with the SA recommendation

ZCP | ZHP | ZTR | ZE0 | MSport | ZMP | DHP | MStickerPack | THP | MPPSK | MPPK
BMW MSP Lightweight Jacket | DTM Motorsport Team Cap| BMW M Drift Cat 5 | BMW M Thermo Mug
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
5ilver-5amurai
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Given the number of issues you've had, I'd definitely bail on the car towards the end of the warranty.

You're really comparing apples to oranges when it comes to comparing Japanese quality engineering vs German quality engineering. I've had 6 Japanese built cars in the past and my German built 435i (bought it while it still had stickers on it) has had almost as many issues as all of them combined lol. I accepted that the Ultimate Driving Machine would require some ultimate maintenance and am content with that. If I could do it all again, I would still get my current car because it drives pretty darn great. I'm not keeping it out of the warranty period though. I don't have the patience required to maintain a German car out of it's warranty period nor am I friends with my local mechanic. Maybe the G-series Coupe will be out by then...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 06:31 PM   #5
madmortar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport

I don't understand your comment on the N26...Did your SA say those are or are not as reliable? I have seen some issues with timing chains on N26 as well. Tho I hope mine is good till 200K!
Appreciate 0