BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > Priceless--- M2 DCT & 2016 GT 5.0 (stick)

02-26-2017, 07:42 PM   #1
missedapex
Missedapex
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Priceless--- M2 DCT & 2016 GT 5.0 (stick)

I'm new here and everyone can call BS on me if they want. Whatever.

I'm pleased to report that I destroyed the above titled car three times. Each was from 60-70 mph highway dig.

Now to the funny part.

What makes this story hilarious is I hesitated quite awhile because I was hauling a battery ride on car that I just picked up off an offerup deal! Ultimately I could not resist, no traffic and this guy was just egging me to go. (I rolled up on him so he had no idea what I had in my trunk)

Look close, it's a pink Mustang battery car!! This was the view that the GT driver had three times!! Bad enough I was destroying him on every single pull, but imagine seeing this thing hanging out of the trunk (it was tied down really well' plus I just couldn't resist)
I did not make this up and I wish I had a video...maybe they took one and it will show up in the GT forums. Doubtful, but maybe.

Also, each pull I probably had 15-20 cars by the time I got out of it. Maybe he was a crap driver, because I thought the GTs would have more, especially on a highway pull.

Attached Images

Last edited by missedapex; 02-26-2017 at 08:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
koastal375.50
      02-26-2017, 08:15 PM   #2
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Totally expected results especially given the DCT vs MT matchup.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 08:33 PM   #3
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

No shit lmao, try that vs the new kia-looking RS3, should be interesting.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 09:55 PM   #4
missedapex
Missedapex
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2GranCoupeOLEDlights View Post
No shit lmao, try that vs the new kia-looking RS3, should be interesting.
It was damn funny. I wish I had someone with me to record it. Guy in the GT was not happy he got taillights and really not impressed by my cargo.
Other poster said this is an expected result. Good to know. And apparently the drag from my trunk and extra 'car' didn't matter.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 01:08 AM   #5
M2 Maybe
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 Series

Really impressive and doesn't seem possible given the power to weight ratio of the respective cars considering you had a ride along car creating drag....except the fact that BMW way under rate the power of the M2.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 08:00 AM   #6
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ed-test-review
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ic-test-review

The DCT M2 is a full second quicker to 100, 1/2 second quicker to 130, 1/2 second quicker in the 1/4 although they both trap 113.

The M2 is 300 lbs lighter with a 70* HP disadvantage.

*on paper
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 1
No Boost4019.00
      02-27-2017, 10:15 AM   #7
VR-Tech
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 MG, 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedapex View Post

I'm pleased to report that I destroyed the above titled car three times. Each was from 60-70 mph highway dig.

Now to the funny part.

What makes this story hilarious is I hesitated quite awhile because I was hauling a battery ride on car that I just picked up off an offerup deal! Ultimately I could not resist, no traffic and this guy was just egging me to go. (I rolled up on him so he had no idea what I had in my trunk)

Look close, it's a pink Mustang battery car!! This was the view that the GT driver had three times!! Bad enough I was destroying him on every single pull, but imagine seeing this thing hanging out of the trunk (it was tied down really well' plus I just couldn't resist)
I did not make this up and I wish I had a video...maybe they took one and it will show up in the GT forums. Doubtful, but maybe.

Also, each pull I probably had 15-20 cars by the time I got out of it. Maybe he was a crap driver, because I thought the GTs would have more, especially on a highway pull.

There is a video on YouTube of an m2 vs a mustang gt to the 1/4 mile.

Link:

So i believe you

Last edited by VR-Tech; 02-27-2017 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #8
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2023 M2 BG O.T.W.

I didn't destroy, but I did beat a GT at a red light recently.

In my M235i...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 01:01 PM   #9
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Guys, just learn that American Horsepower means shit (except for the vette).

Mustangs can have 100+ horsepower and will still be slower accelerating than a good European car. For example, my old 2005 330ci ZHP had 230 Horsepower but did 0-60 in 5.7sec.

Many other cars have 300hp and achieve the same time.

Last edited by M2GranCoupeOLEDlights; 02-27-2017 at 01:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 01:24 PM   #10
missedapex
Missedapex
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR-Tech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by missedapex View Post

Now to the funny part.

There is a video on YouTube of an m2 vs a mustang gt to the 1/4 mile.

Link:

So i believe you
Cool. I still can't believe how perfect the whole set up was. I was literally 'draggin' two mustangs.
I wanted to give him thumbs up after the three pulls but he quickly exited after the last one.
Appreciate 0