Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

10-29-2016, 08:42 AM   #1
KZEVO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

winter tire search

Guys a friend of mine is trying to decide which winter tire would be optimal for the NY/NJ winters. The car is a DD and sometime the commute would require driving in snow. He's been looking at PA4 and LM32. Sharing your experience with either of these tires in snow and ice would really appreciate that. I know these are winter performance and both will be great in cold dry conditions. Concerned more about how they work when roads are covered with snow and potentially ice. again really looking forward to hearing back from folks that have driven either of these tires during snowy conditions. thanks

Btw, I did search and could not find much information for the NY/NJ area. thank you.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 11:26 AM   #2
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

I think I got LM 32 and no issues. My car is a DD also.
      10-31-2016, 11:42 AM   #3
Naneek
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW M4

I got Lm 32 last winter and they held up pretty well. Traction on ice and steep hills aren't the best but as a DD they were great.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #4
Rempt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BS M4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZEVO View Post
Guys a friend of mine is trying to decide which winter tire would be optimal for the NY/NJ winters. The car is a DD and sometime the commute would require driving in snow. He's been looking at PA4 and LM32. Sharing your experience with either of these tires in snow and ice would really appreciate that. I know these are winter performance and both will be great in cold dry conditions. Concerned more about how they work when roads are covered with snow and potentially ice. again really looking forward to hearing back from folks that have driven either of these tires during snowy conditions. thanks

Btw, I did search and could not find much information for the NY/NJ area. thank you.
What kind of car?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #5
KZEVO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rempt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KZEVO View Post

What kind of car?
F80. Ended up going with LM32.
Appreciate 0