F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Leasing CPO 2013 328i convertible - yes or no?
GetBMWParts

07-26-2016, 02:33 PM   #1
novemberspawnedamonster74
Rep
Drives: 228i xdrive 'vert (soon)

Leasing CPO 2013 328i convertible - yes or no?

I had started my search by looking into the 2 series xdrive convertible, but have come to see that my wife will ultimately not be able to get comfy with the price.

I was about to pull the trigger on a new Mini convertible (2016 4cyl S), but realized I wanted to give one last look at a larger cabrio.

The Audi dealers near me apparently don't lease CPO A5s.

The BMW dealers near me will lease CPO vehicles. I'm waiting to hear from a rep on the residual and money factor numbers for a good credit sign-and-drive on a 2013 CPO 3 series convertible.

I wanted to ask if this is a good idea (it seems to me to be a workable solution for getting a car that's closer to what I had wanted - i.e., a convertible with decent room in the back for my 9-year-old who would be around 12 by the time I'd be giving the car back, but with a pricetag my wife would not roll her eyes at)

Some would say not to lease a CPO and instead take the new Mini, but I realize my heart wants a more capacious cabrio.

If the BMW CPO lease is a viable idea, can anyone give a sense of the money factor and residual numbers I should lobby for? I'm basically trying to get a sub-$400 payment with no money down.

Thanks for your help!!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 04:02 PM   #2
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Will a two year lease suffice? To the best of my knowledge the leases BMW is doing on CPOs only run two years. The base money factor for new cars right now is .00137. I don't know what they're doing on CPO leases. The residual will be a flat dollar amount, not a percentage.

Another consideration to take into account is that the CPO Protection Plan specifically excludes the convertible top, except for electronics.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!