R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

06-15-2016, 10:52 AM   #1
Davewu87
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C400

Anyone in CNJ with M3/4 I can check out??

Hey guys I'm new to this forum... I'm currently almost out of my lease on a C400 and I'm soo bored of that car. Always been a fan of Porsche and M series but currently deciding on next car and every dealership I call is saying M3/4 is not in stock people just order them and buy it without test drive which I think is ridiculous (Porsche was very helpful as I got to check out both the Cayman GTS and 911). I'm a 30 yr old physical therapist so I'm not a shady hooligan.. if anyone would be cool enough to meet up somewhere even for 10 min (I'm in Hamilton) so I can at least check out the interior, talk about what you like/dislike, and hear the sound in person that would be wonderful. Thanks guys.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2016, 11:17 AM   #2
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davewu87 View Post
Hey guys I'm new to this forum... I'm currently almost out of my lease on a C400 and I'm soo bored of that car. Always been a fan of Porsche and M series but currently deciding on next car and every dealership I call is saying M3/4 is not in stock people just order them and buy it without test drive which I think is ridiculous (Porsche was very helpful as I got to check out both the Cayman GTS and 911). I'm a 30 yr old physical therapist so I'm not a shady hooligan.. if anyone would be cool enough to meet up somewhere even for 10 min (I'm in Hamilton) so I can at least check out the interior, talk about what you like/dislike, and hear the sound in person that would be wonderful. Thanks guys.
I'm not very near to you, but to address your lack of a test drive point, most of the experiences I've seen show this to be true. You don't really need a test drive for this car.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 11:23 AM   #3
Lmonus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

I didnt test drive an M4 until i already paid for it. No need for a test drive. This is either a car you get or dont. Most BMW Dealerships wont let you test drive them unless they have a used one on the lot.

Good Luck to you. M is always the best Choice.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 11:25 AM   #4
Lmonus
Private First Class
Rep

P.S. There are plenty of Car meets all over NYC every weekend. Your best bet would be to roll down to one of those and you'll have all of your Questions answered.

Captree is pretty popular out in Longisland. There is a meet every sunday from 9-12. Plenty of M's there.

I try to go with my friends once or twice a month. Probably going this weekend. Ill let you inspect my car.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 11:28 AM   #5
Davewu87
Rep

Thanks for the tips guys will keep that in mind!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 11:32 AM   #6
Lmonus
Private First Class
Rep

Anytime man, Hopefully well see you one day with a new M next to you.

Have you considered color / Transmission yet?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 11:32 AM   #7
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
thats weird. i called a dealership, and literally requested a test drive of the F8x with adaptive suspension and DCT. the dealer went out of their way to find me one. granted it was an M4 convertible and I wanted a sedan, but still, i got to try the options that mattered to me most. i never planned on buying from them but still, the sales rep and manager were helpful enough with my needs.

i guess its a hit or miss around your area. a few dealers around the NYC region should have F8x in stock and should allow you to at least test drive one of them. call around!
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 11:48 AM   #8
Davewu87
Rep

Really appreciate the feedback guys. Leaning towards Alpine White with SO interior and I keep going back and forth between the manual and DCT... all my previous cars were manual and I miss it but for practicality and communities purposes I hear that the DCT is actually really good. Any thoughts on if competition package makes it a lot stiffer? It looks like an awesome package for it will be my DD so I don't want it to be jarring
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 12:55 PM   #9
Lmonus
Private First Class
Rep

i got my M4 in Manual.

Also, i would recommend Mineral White over Alpine white. it has a very nice Shine to it at night time, and looks amazing with some wax on it.

Alpine is too bland for me, looks just like any other white car on the road.

You have adjustable suspension which you can turn on and off. I love the car in Manual I love everything about it.

The ONLY downfall to owning a F8X is the Rocks that get lodged in between the rotor and the brake pad. It causes a Scary sound which can be very embarrassing when driving past pedestrians. However, it comes out easily while driving.

You will have not one bad thing to say about this car. You are making the right choice. The longer you think the more you will talk yourself out of it. JUST DO IT!

P.S. if i would chose any color over mine it would be Mineral Gray. My favorite color and it shows the curvature of the car the most in my opinion next to white.

responding to this thread is giving me the feeling as if i am choosing my M4 all over again. I had a smile on my face for 2 weeks straight.

Good luck waiting those last 24 hours before delivery. I went to sleep at 4:00 pm so the day went by faster!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 01:17 PM   #10
AIRHEIR
X3M Comp
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

M3

Im probably going to be in the East Windsor area this weekend. if u wanna check out my car let me know.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 01:50 PM   #11
Davewu87
Rep

Just wanted to say that as a new member and soon-to-be F80 owner I am pleasantly surprised at the overwhelmingly positive feedback and generosity that you members are giving me. I was a little hesitant joining because I did not want to be grilled by immature aholes about wanted to check out a car if possible because I haven't had the best luck with dealerships so far. Look forward to being a contributing member of this wonderful forum once I get it near the end of the year.. thanks again guys you are all awesome!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 02:29 PM   #12
Justablackf80
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 2016 M3

Im not familiar with where you are but i went to BMW of tenafly to get mine. Was out there cause my girlfriend lives out in northern jersey and when i went a sales person asked what i was looking for and when i said i wanted to test drive a m3 or m4 he told me to wait 10 minutes. He let me test drive a brand new m3 without an appointment. Next day i came back and traded in my m235i for a m3. Check them out
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 02:38 PM   #13
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Always always test drive before ordering any car...
FWIW I test drove the M3 and M4 twice - once at Open Road and once at Circle.
Open Road has both CPO and new M4 in stock. Go now.