F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Weird Wiper Issue
Studio RSR

05-20-2016, 08:04 PM   #1
Rautha
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328ixDrive touring

Weird Wiper Issue

So, I have weird wiper issue.
If I put the wipers up into the "service position" -- i.e. the up position -- such as one might do when expecting snow and ice and then when getting back in the car drive off before putting the wipers down, the windshield washer for the front does not work for an indeterminate time period.

For example, I get home from work. Snow forecast overnight. Put wipers up to service position. Next morning, clean the snow and ice off the windshield. Wipers up makes it easy to scoop snow out from the wiper cowl. I get in the car, start up and drive off. I back out of the driveway. Start down the street and realize the wipers are still up. I flick the lever to put them down and behold, no washers.

I brought it into the dealer. They were able to replicate. Engineers had no solution. The were able to replicate it on another 2014 F30. Said BMW suggest to "put wipers down before moving vehicle" and this will avoid the problem.

Hmmm...yeah that may make sense but kinda seems like a safety issue. Not good in winter to have no wiper washer functional for some time period.

Does any body else note this weirdness? If so what year is your car. I suspect this is a software / DME issue. The X3 loaner I had did not do this. My wife's Golf R (in which you also have to put wipers up to a service position to lift them off the glass) does not do this either.
Appreciate 0