Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

05-15-2016, 09:01 PM   #1
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMBSSM4

Thumbs up RW Carbon feedback

At the 1 year mark I decided to spice up the car a bit more and add some aerodynamic pieces. Really liking the carbon fiber side blade look but I couldn't quite figure out what I should do for the front splitter. It turns out, that was easier to figure out than I thought.

Spending more time than I should looking on the board, online, and asking around I decided to email Eric at RW Carbon. There were quite a few companies out there both sponsors and otherwise. I picked them and I am glad I did (without deference to the other quality companies out there).

While I had the blades all picked out, and after getting to see some pictures of their newest rear diffuser all I had to do was to pick a front splitter that I liked, matched and would fit.... my driveway that is. Eric gave me some ideas and after over analyzing the situation I made a decision.

I called him up, placed the order and 3 days later they were on my doorstep.

So not that I cannot change my own oil, install an exhaust or even in this example, put on a few aero parts, I choose to have someone else do it. Not because I am rich (which I am not) but because, honestly, I am lazy. I have too many things on my plate. I have used a well known local body shop to paint some pieces for me and even color sand the car so I dropped off the parts and my car and let them at it.

The next day I was surprised to get a call from the shop asking for installation documents. I called Eric up and he happily called them immediately to answer what turned out to be a simple question. Crisis averted. lol!

Being honest, sometimes I second guess myself, I think hmmm maybe I shouldn't have got that orange tuxedo or that purple M3, but then it usually works out. Picking up my car just one look and I knew that I made a great choice. Walking around it a few times I was looking for flaws in the CF. Maybe there are some but I sure didn't see any. The car looks awesome.

One thing I'd like to say is how impressed I am with the look and finish. I have actually done hand laid and vacuum formed CF to make custom pieces for a previous M car in another life. Yes, I have gotten my hands dirty before. It takes effort to get the weave to be just right. Even my BMW M4 Carbon roof is just slightly off when the sun hits it. Again, it takes skill and after looking over the parts a couple times now, I couldn't be happier.

I'd like to directly thank Eric for dealing with my multiple questions while trying to make sure I'd be able to get up my driveway, for shipping so quickly and being an all around great guy.

Here are some pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-16-2016, 09:11 AM   #2
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

everything looks great!
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 12:23 AM   #3
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMBSSM4

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 09:54 PM   #4
///Rival
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 - Imola

Car looks great!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 11:38 PM   #5
M3Ninja2017
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnazzy View Post
At the 1 year mark I decided to spice up the car a bit more and add some aerodynamic pieces. Really liking the carbon fiber side blade look but I couldn't quite figure out what I should do for the front splitter. It turns out, that was easier to figure out than I thought.

Spending more time than I should looking on the board, online, and asking around I decided to email Eric at RW Carbon. There were quite a few companies out there both sponsors and otherwise. I picked them and I am glad I did (without deference to the other quality companies out there).

While I had the blades all picked out, and after getting to see some pictures of their newest rear diffuser all I had to do was to pick a front splitter that I liked, matched and would fit.... my driveway that is. Eric gave me some ideas and after over analyzing the situation I made a decision.

I called him up, placed the order and 3 days later they were on my doorstep.

So not that I cannot change my own oil, install an exhaust or even in this example, put on a few aero parts, I choose to have someone else do it. Not because I am rich (which I am not) but because, honestly, I am lazy. I have too many things on my plate. I have used a well known local body shop to paint some pieces for me and even color sand the car so I dropped off the parts and my car and let them at it.

The next day I was surprised to get a call from the shop asking for installation documents. I called Eric up and he happily called them immediately to answer what turned out to be a simple question. Crisis averted. lol!

Being honest, sometimes I second guess myself, I think hmmm maybe I shouldn't have got that orange tuxedo or that purple M3, but then it usually works out. Picking up my car just one look and I knew that I made a great choice. Walking around it a few times I was looking for flaws in the CF. Maybe there are some but I sure didn't see any. The car looks awesome.

One thing I'd like to say is how impressed I am with the look and finish. I have actually done hand laid and vacuum formed CF to make custom pieces for a previous M car in another life. Yes, I have gotten my hands dirty before. It takes effort to get the weave to be just right. Even my BMW M4 Carbon roof is just slightly off when the sun hits it. Again, it takes skill and after looking over the parts a couple times now, I couldn't be happier.

I'd like to directly thank Eric for dealing with my multiple questions while trying to make sure I'd be able to get up my driveway, for shipping so quickly and being an all around great guy.

Here are some pics.

Very clean looking BMW. How do you like that style front spoiler? I am looking at that and the 3D Style Carbon Fiber lip from RW. Any recommendations?

What type of member discount do we get?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #6
materialdistractions
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Ninja2017 View Post
Very clean looking BMW. How do you like that style front spoiler? I am looking at that and the 3D Style Carbon Fiber lip from RW. Any recommendations?

What type of member discount do we get?
PM Sent
Appreciate 0