BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > PPF in Australia

04-27-2016, 06:23 PM   #1
windmagnet
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 ordered

PPF in Australia

I looked into costs to get Xpel on the M2 yesterday. The best local operator gave me an estimate of $6K for full cover which would include full prep with claying, paint correction etc, film application and a layer of paint protection over the top. They do not remove trim and use a pattern (the standard Xpel M2 pattern) with tight tolerance cut outs for trim elements. This means you do get visible lines around the trim elements.

They also do Suntek which would be slightly cheaper. There are advantages and disadvantages with each film and the colour of the car may influence the best choice.

Just paint protection coating is around $500 - $600 (includes film under door handles to provide some protection from scratching).

I had a good look at a red A45 AMG they were doing and the film was invisible to my eye and the edges were very difficult to spot.

I am considering only partial film and full car paint protection.

He was not impressed with the standard film cover on the rear guards of the M2 and said that just above the installed film there would undoubtedly be paint chips. He had a much better idea for the shape of this section of film to conceal the edge better (run from back of door rather than use shark fin shape).

He thought it would be essential to cover the sills with film because they will cop an absolute hiding from stones thrown up by front wheels.

Anyone else got pricing for Aus paint protection?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 08:36 AM   #2
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

What have you decided to do, PPF, paint protection or both? My car is booked in to get Opti-coat paint protection however am still unsure whether to get PPF on the front. Quoted $1100 for just bonnet & bumper.
Appreciate 0