BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

04-20-2016, 12:33 AM   #1
Merli
Sunburnt Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Review: BMR Autowerkes/ADVAN

Not sure what the business relationship is between BMR and Advan, but they seem to share the same workshop/premises.

I contacted Stuart @ BMR about an M Performance Exhaust because I wanted a sea-change from my Magnaflow exhaust. For several reasons, I didn't end up buying the exhaust from BMR, but Stuart still offered to install the exhaust for me when it arrived.

I decided to visit their showroom and check out their capabilities and attention to detail. Choosing the right workshop to work on our cars isn't always easy!

I travel interstate a lot for work, weekdays in Sydney are very rare for me, and despite me calling on a Friday and them being busy with all hoists spoken for, they shuffled jobs around to fit me in (a brand new customer with no proven loyalty).

The installation went well, with the job carried out professionally and quickly. I left feeling impressed with the work and happy, but that's not where the story ends!

I drove the car to golf on Saturday, and then out to lunch on Sunday. Upon returning to the car after lunch, to my horror I noticed that one of the four exhaust tips had disappeared/fallen off.

I emailed BMR and Allen immediately replied saying that he'd take care of it, supply and fit a new tip for me. The next Saturday I dropped in and they installed the new tip and re-torqued the bolts on the remaining 3 tips to the suggested 5Nm.

I'm sure that the replacement tip cost them as much, if not more than the original installation job paid them, yet they had seemingly no hesitation to make things right.

Colour me impressed. I'll be back to repay this professionalism and support a great workshop. We need to keep the good guys in business!

Past: 2009 Ibis White S5 (APR Supercharged V8)
Past: 2004 Imola Red M3 Convertible
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 12:36 AM   #2
Merli
Sunburnt Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

P.S. If you feel like trying out a new exhaust for your F8x, please see my For Sale thread for the Magnaflow exhaust!

$2400 for a perfect condition valved exhaust!

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1244541

Past: 2009 Ibis White S5 (APR Supercharged V8)
Past: 2004 Imola Red M3 Convertible
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 09:04 PM   #3
slowie
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 428i, Sahara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merli View Post

Not sure what the business relationship is between BMR and Advan, but they seem to share the same workshop/premises.

I contacted Stuart @ BMR about an M Performance Exhaust because I wanted a sea-change from my Magnaflow exhaust. For several reasons, I didn't end up buying the exhaust from BMR, but Stuart still offered to install the exhaust for me when it arrived.

I decided to visit their showroom and check out their capabilities and attention to detail. Choosing the right workshop to work on our cars isn't always easy!

I travel interstate a lot for work, weekdays in Sydney are very rare for me, and despite me calling on a Friday and them being busy with all hoists spoken for, they shuffled jobs around to fit me in (a brand new customer with no proven loyalty).

The installation went well, with the job carried out professionally and quickly. I left feeling impressed with the work and happy, but that's not where the story ends!

I drove the car to golf on Saturday, and then out to lunch on Sunday. Upon returning to the car after lunch, to my horror I noticed that one of the four exhaust tips had disappeared/fallen off.

I emailed BMR and Allen immediately replied saying that he'd take care of it, supply and fit a new tip for me. The next Saturday I dropped in and they installed the new tip and re-torqued the bolts on the remaining 3 tips to the suggested 5Nm.

I'm sure that the replacement tip cost them as much, if not more than the original installation job paid them, yet they had seemingly no hesitation to make things right.

Colour me impressed. I'll be back to repay this professionalism and support a great workshop. We need to keep the good guys in business!

I have used BMR as well although from the West.

Stu couldnt have been more helpful.

Fantastic work to all the team at BMR.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 04:33 AM   #4
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowie View Post
I have used BMR as well although from the West.

Stu couldnt have been more helpful.

Fantastic work to all the team at BMR.
Couldn't agree more , and have been a customer of Advan Performance for the past 4 years.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 06:39 AM   #5
KiwiInOZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

New to BMW. Are these the best guys to use in Sydney?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 07:47 AM   #6
Chandy168
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328i MG // VW Amarok

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiInOZ View Post
New to BMW. Are these the best guys to use in Sydney?

Thanks.
I'd say they're the best of the best! No hesitation to take my pride and joy there
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 07:04 PM   #7
playwithonehand
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
I have 3 BMW and 2 Audi and absolutely love the service and the discounts these boy gave me.

Have been using them for the past 5 years, I knew Stu, Suj & Allen before they started BMR.

Top blockes!
"SOLD"-09LCI-E90-320D-Black Sapphire Metallic- Superchip - OEM 189 wheel - City Vision Angel Eye - Matt Black Grill - K&N 57i Air Intake - XForce exhaust tip with Muffler delete - Eibach pro kit & Msport steering wheel, Yellow caliper BIG Thanks to bmroxm5 - Koni Yellow + e36 M3 Front bump stop/M-sport rear bump stop -Hankook V12
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 05:29 PM   #8
KiwiInOZ
Enlisted Member
Rep

Car is in getting the treatment from Stu at the moment. Can't wait to see it all done tomorrow...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #9
Aus_M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

For reference I had an MPE installed by my dealer. One tip fell off while driving, they replaced and rechecked them all.

The next day I noticed another had rotated and was about to come off. I went under the car and tightened them all myself, no dramas since then in over a year.

Perhaps the factory spec is a bit loose?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2016, 07:28 AM   #10
BLKM4
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiInOZ View Post
Car is in getting the treatment from Stu at the moment. Can't wait to see it all done tomorrow...
Congrats! Any noticeable difference with ground clearance now over speed humps and driveways?

I scraped my driveway so I don't think I will be adding the front lip or lowering my car.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2016, 03:50 PM   #11
KiwiInOZ
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKM4 View Post
Congrats! Any noticeable difference with ground clearance now over speed humps and driveways?

I scraped my driveway so I don't think I will be adding the front lip or lowering my car.
The front lip scrapes at the work car park and on aggressive speed bumps. But a little bit of angle and going slow seems to mitigate most of it. It certainly looks very low at the front!
Appreciate 0