R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

04-16-2016, 12:42 PM   #1
ARMYm3
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

BMW F8X Coding in Austin

I am looking to get some coding done in my car. Anyone available in Austin?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 09:10 AM   #2
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMYm3 View Post
I am looking to get some coding done in my car. Anyone available in Austin?
I plan to code mine when I get it in the next month or so - am happy to help out if you like? I coded my 335i for a few things when I got it but not to the extent I will be coding my F80 - plan to do the LED Anti-Dazzle, as well as Euro-MDM plus a number of other more minor enhancements.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 09:51 AM   #3
dalto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I plan to code mine when I get it in the next month or so - am happy to help out if you like? I coded my 335i for a few things when I got it but not to the extent I will be coding my F80 - plan to do the LED Anti-Dazzle, as well as Euro-MDM plus a number of other more minor enhancements.
I just did the VLD and Anti-Dazzle last night. One word of advice is do that first. I did those last because they were the most complicated changes but then when you edit the VO and re-code the impacted modules it overwrites any changes you have made already. Not a huge deal but definitely easier to do VLD/Anti-Dazzle first.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 10:17 AM   #4
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalto View Post
I just did the VLD and Anti-Dazzle last night. One word of advice is do that first. I did those last because they were the most complicated changes but then when you edit the VO and re-code the impacted modules it overwrites any changes you have made already. Not a huge deal but definitely easier to do VLD/Anti-Dazzle first.
Thanks - had already planned on that. In fact, I've been checking if anything else requires VO coding before I start coding anything else - seems the Anti-Dazzle is one of the only ones (I have the extended USB and Satellite already).
Appreciate 0