BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Long Beach Blue and Alpine White M2 side-by-side comparison

02-23-2016, 03:56 PM   #1
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Long Beach Blue and Alpine White M2 side-by-side comparison

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I went to BMW Canada today hoping to see a LBB M2 outside in the sunlight.To my surprise they had a LBB M2 next to an Alpine White M2 in the parking lot.

I thought that the M2 would look good in LBB,after seeing an X5M in LBB, but after seeing the color again today,i have realized that I just wouldn't be happy with the color.The color really does completey change from an Estoril Blue shade inside,to turquoise out in the sun.I don't like the turquoise color in the sun.

Thankfully Alpine White is available on the M2 because it really looks fantastic.The color looks good in pics but looks even better in person.I will definitely be calling my SA tomorrow to change my order to Alpine White.

Here are some pics of both colors.The pictures make LBB look like Estoril Blue but it is really a turquoise blue outside in the sun.
Attached Images

Last edited by SW19; 02-28-2016 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 14
      02-23-2016, 04:01 PM   #2
bmwman1863
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 LBB DCT

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
I think the LBB looks way better than the AW.....
Appreciate 13
      02-23-2016, 04:02 PM   #3
gtaM2
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 BSM 6MT

wow thanks for the heads up i will drop by sometime this week hopefully they are still there

very surprised of your colour change btw
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 04:08 PM   #4
gtaM2
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 BSM 6MT

also this might be our first look at the M2 front license plate holder for north america, dont recall seeing one before
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 04:18 PM   #5
F80seven
Rep
Drives: M2

which bmw location was this? I live in Toronto as well.

People need to understand that this color is trickyyyy. I went to the autoshow as well to check it out in person. I must say, I will probably changed to AW with Mperf Mirrors.

For all those who haven't seen LBB in person, they will most likely change their mind once they've seen it in person. I have seen both the x6m and the m2 in this color. The color looks ALOT better in pictures. I noticed that the photos I took of the colour looks amazing. But in person, it looks VERY teal. The only time I can imagine this color looking good is at night, or when the sun is coming down.
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 04:21 PM   #6
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwman1863 View Post
I think the LBB looks way better than the AW.....
I also think LBB looks better than AW for the M2.

This comes from a previous owner of an AW e90 M3.

I was 99% certain I was going for AW in the M2.. but my eyes are attracted to LBB when I see AW and LBB together. I stare at LBB longer. What does this mean??

I personally think you cannot go wrong with either color choice.

I asked my 4 year old son which color to get and he said 'blue'. This is no surprise though.
Appreciate 2
      02-23-2016, 04:47 PM   #7
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Having seen both colors, still LBB for me. But I'm glad you were able to see both IRL side by side and changed your order
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 05:02 PM   #8
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaM2 View Post
also this might be our first look at the M2 front license plate holder for north america, dont recall seeing one before
Yep, and it looks busted. No way i'm installing that even though my state requires front plate.
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 05:20 PM   #9
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
my eyes are attracted to LBB when I see AW and LBB together. I stare at LBB longer.
Same here, LBB just seems to show the lines of the car better. It's easier to see the shadows especially when looking at the front bumper, fangs seem to look flat and have no dimension in AW.
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 05:24 PM   #10
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
I also think LBB looks better than AW for the M2.

This comes from a previous owner of an AW e90 M3.

I was 99% certain I was going for AW in the M2.. but my eyes are attracted to LBB when I see AW and LBB together. I stare at LBB longer. What does this mean??

I personally think you cannot go wrong with either color choice.

I asked my 4 year old son which color to get and he said 'blue'. This is no surprise though.
Lol...funny you say that about your son. My 4 year old daughter's favorite color is blue. Everything she has is blue and that's all she talks about. So yesterday, I was looking at pics of LBB M2 and called her over and asked if I should switch to the blue car. Her response? That's not blue, that's green" I laughed.
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 7
      02-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #11
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
I went to BMW Canada today hoping to see a LBB M2 outside in the sunlight.To my surprise they had a LBB M2 next to an Alpine White M2 in the parking lot.

I thought that the M2 would look good in LBB,after seeing an X5M in LBB, but after seeing the color again today,i have realized that I just wouldn't be happy with the color.The color really does completey change from an Estoril Blue shade inside,to turquoise out in the sun.I don't like the turquoise color in the sun.

Thankfully Alpine White is available on the M2 because it really looks fantastic.The color looks good in pics but looks even better in person.I will definitely be calling my SA tomorrow to change my order to Alpine White.

Here are some pics of both colors.The pictures make LBB look like Estoril Blue but it is really a turquoise blue outside in the sun.
Thanks man! Looks great and now I am even more excited for my AW M2! Tints, a drop, some wider meats and a couple CF pieces and it's going to be a bad mofo!!!
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 05:35 PM   #12
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80seven View Post
which bmw location was this? I live in Toronto as well.

People need to understand that this color is trickyyyy. I went to the autoshow as well to check it out in person. I must say, I will probably changed to AW with Mperf Mirrors.

For all those who haven't seen LBB in person, they will most likely change their mind once they've seen it in person. I have seen both the x6m and the m2 in this color. The color looks ALOT better in pictures. I noticed that the photos I took of the colour looks amazing. But in person, it looks VERY teal. The only time I can imagine this color looking good is at night, or when the sun is coming down.
The cars are at BMW Canada.They are located in the north end of the city,in Richmond Hill.

I agree with you about the color,people that haven't see LBB in person outside in the sunlight don't realize how turquoise the color really is.If it looked like the pics I posted,I would definitely be ordering the color but it doesn't look anything like these pics.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 05:38 PM   #13
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Thanks man! Looks great and now I am even more excited for my AW M2! Tints, a drop, some wider meats and a couple CF pieces and it's going to be a bad mofo!!!
Alpine White looks even better in person than these pics.The car really has a sporty stance in Alpine White.I wasn't expecting the color to look this good based on the pics that I had seen but it really does look great.i think that you are going to be very happy that you ordered Alpine White.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 05:43 PM   #14
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Alpine White looks even better in person than these pics.The car really has a sporty stance in Alpine White.I wasn't expecting the color to look this good based on the pics that I had seen but it really does look great.i think that you are going to be very happy that you ordered Alpine White.
Thanks man. I was kind of worried trading a VO 1M for a white car. Going from flashy orange to white is kind of scary...but yeah, even in some of these pics it looks more sporty and maybe even lower.
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 05:44 PM   #15
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Having seen both colors, still LBB for me. But I'm glad you were able to see both IRL side by side and changed your order
i just knew as soon as I saw the color in the sun today that it is just to turquoise for me.

Have you definitely decided to order the 2017 M3?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 05:45 PM   #16
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Honestly, this car looks good in all it's 4 colors, ha! LBB is obviously the divisive one, but that's expected since the other 3 are classic colors.

Would have been nice to have gotten Sakhir Orange or something! I love SO...Sakhir Orange M2 with M carbon components...

I really do want to see MG and AW with the black bits though... a little lowered. Can't wait for pics.
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 05:50 PM   #17
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
Honestly, this car looks good in all it's 4 colors, ha! LBB is obviously the divisive one, but that's expected since the other 3 are classic colors.

Would have been nice to have gotten Sakhir Orange or something! I love SO...Sakhir Orange M2 with M carbon components...

I really do want to see MG and AW with the black bits though... a little lowered. Can't wait for pics.
Yes, SO would have been a no brainer for me...would have been one of the easiest decisions in my life! LOL!
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 05:58 PM   #18
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
i just knew as soon as I saw the color in the sun today that it is just to turquoise for me.

Have you definitely decided to order the 2017 M3?
Let's just say I'm heavily leaning towards the M3 still. Gonna stick around the M2 boards to see what the M2 CS entails, but most likely will stick with the 4 door sedan to add a bit of versatility to my M army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post

That's what's so great about LBB. You're getting 2 colors for the price of one

Don't get me wrong, I like blue cars and all, but I much prefer Estoril, Laguna Seca and Long Beach Blue over say Lemans and San Marino Blue for example.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 06:14 PM   #19
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaM2 View Post
I was so busy taking pictures that I didn't even notice the front license plate holder.It really is too bad that we have to install the front plate in Ontario.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 06:45 PM   #20
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Alpine White looks even better in person than these pics.The car really has a sporty stance in Alpine White.I wasn't expecting the color to look this good based on the pics that I had seen but it really does look great
This is the first time someone has said they liked AW in person, everyone that saw AW at the Philly show wasn't too impressed.

What's your opinion on seeing the lines of the car in AW compared to LBB outside? I was thinking a non metallic paint wouldn't look good on this car.

Thanks for the pics btw
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 06:56 PM   #21
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Let's just say I'm heavily leaning towards the M3 still. Gonna stick around the M2 boards to see what the M2 CS entails, but most likely will stick with the 4 door sedan to add a bit of versatility to my M army.

That's what's so great about LBB. You're getting 2 colors for the price of one

Don't get me wrong, I like blue cars and all, but I much prefer Estoril, Laguna Seca and Long Beach Blue over say Lemans and San Marino Blue for example.
I can say that I've owned Estoril Blue and Laguna Seca Blue in the past and Long Beach Blue will arrive in the near future!!!
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #22
King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Thanks for the pics! Ill have to take a drive there to check both these babies out.

Is it just me, or am I the only one that doesn't see green on the LBB? Yes I have seen it outside multiple times. No I don't see teal or green. I just see blue, darker or lighter depending on lighting conditions. Maybe im just not looking at the area of metal where the sun is directly hitting the car, and instead focusing on the whole car?

I personally love LBB and will be getting mine in that color. Every color will look wicked on this car. But for me the other 3 colors just don't excite me enough, maybe its because I don't want the car to blend in.

On a side note, I am surprised nobody mentioned the sunroof on the LBB?? Why does it have a sunroof/moonroof?
Appreciate 4