Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

11-21-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 xDrive 40i

Avoid Excessive Detailing in Houston

I have had an awful experience with this business. I have damaged my front bumper of my BMW M4 and I went to him to get it fixed. First time when I left the car there for 2 days it was not done due to the fact that his painter could not get there because of the floods, the second time I had my car ready without my deflector lip that his painter forgot to put back. Next, he also painted the bumper in a careless way, painting also one of the front grilles of the car. I had to spend have a day getting the bumper down to rearrange everything because he has done all of the job without taking down the bumper. He told me that he will refund me but did not appear and did not answer his phone anymore. I went to him, he had his car outside his shop but I was told that he is not around.

Anyway, he is doing a wonderful job as a detailer until he catches you as a client. After he got me as a client, he has never cleaned my exhaust tips, cleaned the wind shield and the rims like he was doing before.

He blocked me on his page on Facebook and I am not able to write a review there, too to let others know what jobs he is doing.

Whatever, my mistake because I thought that if the first time when I had a scratch on my back bumper he was able to fix it he will do the same thing again. I should have just followed my instinct and ordered a new painted bumper from BMW and I would have slept without head aches after that. Whatever, lesson learnt, I won't go to these places again, I will wash the car myself and that's it.

My advice is to stay away from his business.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 09:26 AM   #2
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Why do you keep going to retailers to fix damaged bumpers, instead of body shops? This is the second time in a row.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2015, 09:14 AM   #3
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep

Because I was an idiot two times in a row...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2015, 10:41 PM   #4
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiprianS
Because I was an idiot two times in a row...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 08:33 AM   #5
IMMLaw
Esq.
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Why do you keep going to retailers to fix damaged bumpers, instead of body shops? This is the second time in a row.
I was thinking the same thing... glad you have the car back though in normal shape.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #6
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Too bad about your situation.

I contacted an auto detailer a few weeks ago to inquire about a full detail of my car. Quote came back around $300-350. That is a ton of money to pay for a really good wash, no?

In general I take my care to an automated touchless wash near my house then spend an hour on it afterwards in my driveway finishing the job.
      11-30-2015, 02:15 PM   #7
Dshady
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post

I contacted an auto detailer a few weeks ago to inquire about a full detail of my car. Quote came back around $300-350. That is a ton of money to pay for a really good wash, no?

In general I take my care to an automated touchless wash near my house then spend an hour on it afterwards in my driveway finishing the job.
I've had really good results with Jose at Iwax in Spring. I believe he is $150ish for a complete detail. He opticoated my A6 when I first bought it for what your place is quoting you. I will take the M to him next year. Just a thought.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 08:11 PM   #8
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post

In general I was paying $40-50 for a car wash so a price of $300-350 for a full detail is not really a ton of money... this guy, would have charged me way more than that for a full detailing of the car.

I was not cheap, I was just an idiot that did not follow his instinct to get a damn new front bumper, that's all.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 09:00 PM   #9
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiprianS View Post
In general I was paying $40-50 for a car wash so a price of $300-350 for a full detail is not really a ton of money... this guy, would have charged me way more than that for a full detailing of the car.

I was not cheap, I was just an idiot that did not follow his instinct to get a damn new front bumper, that's all.
This is where products like CQuartz can perhaps pay off - for the cost of 1-2 'pro' detail jobs like this you have a car that is now super easy to clean and polish with a touch up wax to get a result that is perhaps as good as a full detail. I got the whole car done with CQuartz - always wash my own car (Adam's soap and PoorBoys wheel cleaner etc) and do this minimal effort 'light' detail afterward with pretty damn good results for usually under an hour on the weekend.