E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Help! Went To Change My Angel Bulb But Bulb Looks Weird

10-27-2015, 10:58 AM   #1
Nurf
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI Black 328i Xdrive

Angry Help! Went To Change My Angel Bulb But Bulb Looks Weird

Hey guys, I have tried relentlessly to search around and find the answers I need, but I cannot find anything.

This is my first BMW, and I love this car but god damn, I hate how hard it is just to do the most simplest of tasks, changing a bulb, hell even changing the spark plugs took awhile considering the amount of stuff I had to take off to access the plugs.

Anyway,
I recently bought a new set of bulbs for my Angel eyes due to the fact my Angel eye burnt out on the drivers side.

How ever when I went in and swapped it my Bulb in the car currently looks nothing like the ones in the DIY guides nor any internet searches, I was hoping you guys could tell me what the hell this is, is this something the previous owner rigged himself?

I have a 2011 328i Xdrive with Halogen.
Image Links Below
View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Any Help would be greatly appreciated. I spent my entire Sunday trying to resolve this and its driving me crazy!
Attached Images

Last edited by Nurf; 10-27-2015 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: Fixed Images
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 11:37 AM   #2
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Pics would def help with the weirdness you speak of.

Also welcome to the forums! you'll start to love the hoops to go through when doing simple tasks.
      10-27-2015, 11:40 AM   #3
Nurf
United_States
Rep

Thanks PichaDis11!

I did upload pictures as-well as links, did I not upload them correctly?

Last edited by Nurf; 10-27-2015 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 02:32 PM   #4
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

That is quite strange looking. Post a picture of the side opposite of where the wires come in. It looks like it could be some type of replacement bulb, but nothing i have ever seen before.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 02:43 PM   #5
Nurf
United_States
Rep

LuxAngelEyes I will try to get another shot. That orange wire that is actually connected to the bulb runs into the the headlight housing and seems really long, it was black zip tied to the housing I also cant unhook the black cable either. Do you think I would be better off taking the actual Headlight out?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 09:31 AM   #6
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurf View Post
LuxAngelEyes I will try to get another shot. That orange wire that is actually connected to the bulb runs into the the headlight housing and seems really long, it was black zip tied to the housing I also cant unhook the black cable either. Do you think I would be better off taking the actual Headlight out?
take another picture first. Last i remember both wires going to the angel eye bulb were black. Are these headlights stock on the car or were they put on afterwards.
Appreciate 0