F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 435xi convertible (2016) Dinan tuning + M performance parts
Extreme Powerhouse

09-16-2015, 09:30 PM   #1
zeroka
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i xdrive convertible

Smile 435xi convertible (2016) Dinan tuning + M performance parts

Guys,

I took delivery of my new 2016 435xi convertible this Monday with BMW's performance delivery center in Greenville SC and wanted to share my journey as my car receives it's Dinan power pack tuning and some M performance parts installed.

It's exciting time for me and there are not many around me who are as excited about my car as I am. As a matter of fact probably everyone thinks I'm crazy to spend so much on additional modifications and tuning

The first picture from the day of delivery at BMW's performance delivery center 2 days ago.

The second picture shows the Dinan exhaust with black tip already installed and the M-performance rear diffuser replacing the factory stock one on the car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 09:43 PM   #2
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT, 2024 X3MC

Sweet. Nice color choice.. XDrive logo delete is in order
      09-17-2015, 06:24 AM   #3
BadDogmotorsports
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

beautiful car. congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 07:16 AM   #4
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
Sweet. Nice color choice.. XDrive logo delete is in order
...and the DINAN no matter how much it cost.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 10:58 AM   #5
cjack
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435X, EBII, 6MT, PPK + 2019 X5

Looks great! Congrats
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 07:31 AM   #6
zeroka
Rep

Smile Lighting upgrades

thanks guys! yesterday I got the car back from the tuning shop (http://www.carminesimport.com/dinan-bmw-performance/) and I wanted to share some of the lighting upgrades they installed for me. I provided the parts in this case, but the result is pretty impressive The factory stock lights came out for the majority and they were replaced with much stronger led lights.

see the attached pictures:

1) driver side courtesy light replaced
2) BMW projector added to the door - this one came with 3 heads, so I still have to try and replace with the "M" head to see how that one looks at night
3-4) luggage compartment led replaced on the side. There is a second lightbulb on the top of the trunk which I still have to find a replacement for
5) passanger side courtesy light and BMW projector
6) glovebox light upgrade
7) --I got the licence plate leds upgraded as well, will take a picture tonight and post later

what do you think?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 02:51 PM   #7
bortnedrick
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435xi Convertible M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroka View Post
Guys,

I took delivery of my new 2016 435xi convertible this Monday with BMW's performance delivery center in Greenville SC and wanted to share my journey as my car receives it's Dinan power pack tuning and some M performance parts installed.

It's exciting time for me and there are not many around me who are as excited about my car as I am. As a matter of fact probably everyone thinks I'm crazy to spend so much on additional modifications and tuning

The first picture from the day of delivery at BMW's performance delivery center 2 days ago.

The second picture shows the Dinan exhaust with black tip already installed and the M-performance rear diffuser replacing the factory stock one on the car.
These mods look great! I've got an alpine white 435xi convertible on the way, really interested in a Dinan exhaust. Any video of it in action?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 03:32 PM   #8
zeroka
Rep

I'll try to take a short video tomorrow as the engine starts. The exhaust upgrade is money very well spent!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #9
bortnedrick
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroka View Post
I'll try to take a short video tomorrow as the engine starts. The exhaust upgrade is money very well spent!
Can't wait to see that vid! Another question I had - when going to Dinan's website and searching products by model (F33 435i & xDrive F33 Convertible 2014-2016) I don't see any exhaust options.

When I then go to the page for the Dinan Free Flow Exhaust (http://www.dinancars.com/product/d66...ries&mid=1164/) it mentions "Does NOT fit F33 435i Convertible"

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 03:27 PM   #10
zeroka
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bortnedrick View Post
Can't wait to see that vid! Another question I had - when going to Dinan's website and searching products by model (F33 435i & xDrive F33 Convertible 2014-2016) I don't see any exhaust options.

When I then go to the page for the Dinan Free Flow Exhaust (http://www.dinancars.com/product/d66...ries&mid=1164/) it mentions "Does NOT fit F33 435i Convertible"

Hey-hey,

sorry, I had a few busy days and I need my wife to help me take that video for the engine ( I wanted to stand behind the car when the engine starts up.

Dinan's website is messed up for their product offering. They certainly offer the exhaust upgrade. Where are you located?

antiroll bar: their website says this is available for xdrive convertible but last I spoke to them the antiroll bar is only for rear drive vehicles.

Best is to call their sales rep for your state and ask them about these. Leave a voicemail and they should call you back in a few days. (Dinan in CA is not good at follow up with direct customer requests)

I will try to get that exhaust video for you as soon as possible this week.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 03:31 PM   #11
bortnedrick
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroka
Quote:

Hey-hey,

sorry, I had a few busy days and I need my wife to help me take that video for the engine ( I wanted to stand behind the car when the engine starts up.

Dinan's website is messed up for their product offering. They certainly offer the exhaust upgrade. Where are you located?

antiroll bar: their website says this is available for xdrive convertible but last I spoke to them the antiroll bar is only for rear drive vehicles.

Best is to call their sales rep for your state and ask them about these. Leave a voicemail and they should call you back in a few days. (Dinan in CA is not good at follow up with direct customer requests)

I will try to get that exhaust video for you as soon as possible this week.
Makes sense! That makes me feel a lot better already. I'm going to talk to my CA to see what they can do. Vessel arrives in NY next week means it should be here in Boston soon after!! I have to check Dinans website for authorized retailers around here

It's going to come down to the Dinan or M Performance Exhaust.
      02-27-2016, 06:07 PM   #12
zeroka
Rep

Dinan exhaust upgrade

Quote:
Makes sense! That makes me feel a lot better already. I'm going to talk to my CA to see what they can do. Vessel arrives in NY next week means it should be here in Boston soon after!! I have to check Dinans website for authorized retailers around here

Hi!

I just sent you to your personal email the video link and some additional pictures.
The video is saved on my cloud space and is available for download in the next 30 days.

Let me know what you think (sorry file is too big to be posted here).

thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 09:31 AM   #13
bortnedrick
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroka
Quote:

Hi!

I just sent you to your personal email the video link and some additional pictures.
The video is saved on my cloud space and is available for download in the next 30 days.

Let me know what you think (sorry file is too big to be posted here).

thanks
Thanks a lot for doing this! Now I can compare M performance exhaust with this, the price difference from what I can see is ~ $400.

What made you go Dinan?