Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

05-14-2015, 02:22 PM   #1
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Question Auto Custom Upholstery shop

Can anyone recommend/suggest a high quality custom auto-upholstery shop in Houston?

I am considering trying to have the center console extension (piece with the iDrive controller) covered in the same Amaro Brown leather I have in the car including stitching, to replace the piano black trim I currently have.

Very specific I know (and likely stupid expensive!) but still interested to know if you guys have any leads for me to follow up?

Much appreciated, C.
      05-16-2015, 05:20 PM   #2
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep

Never mind I found one!
      05-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #3
IMMLaw
Esq.
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Would love to see the results when they're done! Who did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 09:02 PM   #4
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMMLaw View Post
Would love to see the results when they're done! Who did you go with?
I am visiting this chap tomorrow morning as I received my donor mid-section trim today (went ahead and bought a replacement center piece from getbmwparts.com - Jason is awesome - essential half price on this!).

So rather than comment on the business I'd prefer to work with them and comment on the result. It is a custom shop that again details show cars so lets see where they land on quality. For reference, to ask them to provide the same high quality Merino leather would require them (read me!) to purchase an entire hide! So what they do instead is find as near an exact replica for leather grain (critical) and quality and through their own skill/process dye the leather grain match to be a near perfect color match - or so they say Again, once they complete the job (and guarantee the work against normal use/UV decay) I will give a full report out
      05-24-2015, 02:06 PM   #5
IMMLaw
Esq.
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
I am visiting this chap tomorrow morning as I received my donor mid-section trim today (went ahead and bought a replacement center piece from getbmwparts.com - Jason is awesome - essential half price on this!).

So rather than comment on the business I'd prefer to work with them and comment on the result. It is a custom shop that again details show cars so lets see where they land on quality. For reference, to ask them to provide the same high quality Merino leather would require them (read me!) to purchase an entire hide! So what they do instead is find as near an exact replica for leather grain (critical) and quality and through their own skill/process dye the leather grain match to be a near perfect color match - or so they say Again, once they complete the job (and guarantee the work against normal use/UV decay) I will give a full report out

very excited to see it!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 08:11 AM   #6
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMMLaw View Post

very excited to see it!
Me too! Don't know why I am being cryptic but the shop is an outfit called CyFair Leather and Upholstery. I am hoping that they live up to their 'show car' stds - we'll see. I strongly suspect we'll have a couple of iterations before landing on a perfect match. Will likely have something by end of this week.
      06-17-2015, 11:10 PM   #7
guarnibl
Major
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
Me too! Don't know why I am being cryptic but the shop is an outfit called CyFair Leather and Upholstery. I am hoping that they live up to their 'show car' stds - we'll see. I strongly suspect we'll have a couple of iterations before landing on a perfect match. Will likely have something by end of this week.
bump.

Any updates on this?
      06-25-2015, 03:53 PM   #8
Clorangem4
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4

Can you take a picture of your piano black trim interior, I want that over the carbon fiber but idk if it's worth it :-/
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 02:55 PM   #9
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarnibl View Post
bump.

Any updates on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clorangem4 View Post
Can you take a picture of your piano black trim interior, I want that over the carbon fiber but idk if it's worth it :-/
Apologies for absence - house was flooded in Houston floods - long and still painful story but managed to save the cars on jacks!!

Here is a terrible couple of pics that purposefully highlight the difference in color and the obvious incorrect coarse stitching - was a first pass but the shop is working hard on getting it perfect - hopefully updated pics in a week or so. Overall I really like the result and as usual looks far better in person
Attached Images

07-01-2015, 07:44 PM   #10
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Interesting look! Sorry to hear about your house, hope you are doing ok since it just won't stop raining!!!
Appreciate 0