E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > drivers side windows cluster stopped working

04-23-2015, 07:53 AM   #1
Thedirtymex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 335i cabrio M sport

drivers side windows cluster stopped working

Hi team,
Basically the driver side windows button cluster has stopped working. Can't operate windows or mirrors. Still have lights to the buttons and checked all fuses. Also the windows go down if I put the roof down. And back up when I put the roof up.
Door panel had exposure to heavy rain a couple days back and was jump started 4 days back but could operate the windows yesterday. I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 09:53 AM   #2
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

probably the switch assembly. had to replace my passenger side switch not too long ago because the window would go up and down whenever it felt like it as i was driving. switched it out, and problem was solved. it's not the control module since your windows go down with the top. order a new switch assembly online and swap it out. it takes 2 minutes, tops. door panel doesnt even need to come out.
iPhone 6 Plus (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay. Toslink out of Airport Express to Helix P-Six DSP. PHD AF 1.C tweeters, PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 06:05 AM   #3
Thedirtymex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 335i cabrio M sport

Tested with the switches from a 325i and they still didn't work. Apparently could be the relay. Which is behind the glove box? Can some one firm that please?
Appreciate 0