E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Calgary, Alberta, Canada

06-05-2005, 08:59 PM   #1
Ponchoyu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Black

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Only two Dealerships in Calgary and both are owned by the same person. However the one in the Northwest (Crowfoot BMW) offers way more than the other dealership. On top of the fact that they have to option to reserve day use BMWs while your's is in service, they store your own car in the underground garage where it is moved upstairs into the holding area (still in the building) when you arrive. If you don't reserve a car while your's is being serviced, the shuttle will take you to where you need to go. If you miss the shuttle, the dealer will pay for your taxi to your work, or where ever. If by chance your shuttle cannot pick you up at your own designated time, they again, will pay for your taxi to come back to the dealer to pick up your car! Great service or what!!!
      06-16-2005, 09:12 AM   #2
rururu
Rep
Drives: N/A

BMW on Crowfoot which is called BMW Gallery. Nice salesman, very pleasant but will not move from MSRP more than $300 CAD on a base 325. I made an offer at $1450 below MSRP, which still should give them about $2000 over invoice but they did not accept it. No real reason to go to the one on Glendeer circle, they are owned by the same guy I hear, so probably share client database. That is monopoly for you right there. Overall I am disappointed, never ever before I bought a car at the sticker price, no reason to change that tendency right now, I will probably go with Audi A4 or A3, which is also a fine car.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
akmchan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 528I

I like dealing with Calgary BMW and sometimes when timing is right they will move on the price...i just ordered mine and got a decent deal I thought at this time but I know it will get better if you wait at least near the end of the year. Just don't know why we Albertans have to pay $1800 for freight and PDI compared to $1595 in BC....ripoff....
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2005, 03:14 PM   #4
paullo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: ThreeThreeFive

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED325I
I like dealing with Calgary BMW and sometimes when timing is right they will move on the price...i just ordered mine and got a decent deal I thought at this time but I know it will get better if you wait at least near the end of the year. Just don't know why we Albertans have to pay $1800 for freight and PDI compared to $1595 in BC....ripoff....
that's crap. i got a fair amount off MSRP without too much effort; and F&PDI for Vancouver was only $1495 (although this number does differ b/w dealerships,...strange).

but don't forget, we're paying an extra 7% to the gov't in the form of PST. i'd consider myself lucky to NOT have to pay that tax on a $50K+ car...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #5
akmchan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 528I

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullo
that's crap. i got a fair amount off MSRP without too much effort; and F&PDI for Vancouver was only $1495 (although this number does differ b/w dealerships,...strange).

but don't forget, we're paying an extra 7% to the gov't in the form of PST. i'd consider myself lucky to NOT have to pay that tax on a $50K+ car...

That's a good point...forgot about that....but you do have the ocean and no snow so we are even...
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2005, 02:07 AM   #6
stevebmw3
soon E90 325i,auto,gray,terra,spor t pkg,NAV
Rep
Drives: was E46,fut. E90

No more experience guys with dealerships? Write down.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2005, 01:56 PM   #7
rururu
Rep
Drives: N/A

Well, if you are looking to buy a BMW in Calgary, the only person you need to see is Mani Pal at Calgary BMW. This girl rocks, she is so much better than other BMW salesman I had to deal with in Calgary. Although I ended up buying Audi A3 because it had edge in performance over 325 she was highly professional, honest and was giving me the best deal in town. The best part was she congratulated me when she found out I bought another car - this is just pure class!

On a bitter note BMW Gallery on Crowchild experience turned into a disaster. The guy I dealt with over there turned from being a nice guy into a jerk when I started negotiating. He ignored my emails, acted like he was not interested in my business. Originally I gave him an offer of $1450 below MSRP on a base model, which is like 3.5% off, he countered me with $300 which is a joke. It's good he did not accept my offer because I realized that A3 suits me better.

So I highly recommend Calgary BMW on Glendeer Circle (see Mani Pal there) and do not recomment BMW Gallery at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 01:30 PM   #8
volinder
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw wannabe

Just purchased a 325i SGM with sport package and glass sunroof.

Paid $1500 below MSRP, delt with Indy Dhaliwal, his service was unbelievable. No pressure, very honest, and really did help me get a good deal. Originally his manager said he wouldn't discount the car more that $500 of MSRP, he fought his manager for 2 hours and finally came back with $1500 off.

Highly recommend dealing with Indy at Calgary BMW
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 09:46 PM   #9
gpi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: NA

Good Deal on the 325i.
As I am heading into Calgary BMW in two weeks for a 323i, I wondering if anyone else here has managed to get a sizable discount.
Thanks

PS. Volinder. On that discount of $1500, was that just on the base amount (no options) of the 325i or $1500 off the entire total.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 11:28 PM   #10
volinder
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw wannabe

$1500 off the total
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 03:11 PM   #11
gpi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: NA

323i

I managed to get $1300 off the MSRP on a 323i at Calgary BMW.
Knowing the dealer cost was the biggest asset and allowed me to negotiate more effectively.
Thanks to epiphone3 for supplying that information and to volinder in saying what his discount was.

I know Calgary is a hot market right now and wonder what other Calgarians are getting in discounts.

All that matters at the end of the day is if you are happy with your deal.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 10:52 PM   #12
Crash2
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I managed $2000 off MSRP on 330i, metallic paint, sport & premium packages, at BMW Gallery. I think I got lucky with an end of the month offer (they probably needed the sale to make their quota). The experience with BMW Gallery has been good so far. My last car was an Audi (and my wife also drives one), and our experience with Glenmore Audi has been very positive; hopefully BMW will be as good or better.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2006, 11:15 PM   #13
cleverbear
Registered
Rep
Drives: 91 toyota camery

I recently ordered a 330i with most of the bells and whistles from the BMW Gallery. I asked for a $1000 discount off the MSRP and was given what I asked for. In retrospect, I could have done much better as the comments of others on this board will confirm. For anyone planning on making a purchase of a new BMW, one suggestion would be to make an offer of 3.5 % less than the MSRP and see what happens. I would be careful not to paint myself into a corner however.

All the best!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #14
skins
CAG
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sparkling G.

You bet! Not only are both BMW Dealerships owned by the same Family, they own most of the Honda Dealerships in Calgary too! He has, I have been told, the largest Honda Dealership in North America I'm not sure what city that is in though.
I dealt with Calgary BMW in March, I could only negotiate $875 off MSRP but got the 3M & protection Pkg thrown in for 1/2 price & the first tire seasonal change out tossed in at no cost. Salesman wouldn't include Mats...kind of ridiculus not to just give them away after that kind of $$$ on the car. The 325i prem & sprt pkg was actually @ the BMW Gallery in the north side and brought to the GlenDeer Circle location for me.

Calgary BMW will be re-locating in the next year or two just beside the new Lexus Dealer just South off of the Deerfoot 500.
Anyway, Calgary BMW has been very good to me on the service end to this point, unlike a certain GMC dealership in town!!!
Drive your CARS!!
      04-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #15
3s-a-charm
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
I recently ordered a 325i from Calgary BMW and found the service was excellent. I only asked for $1000 off and got it no problem with mats/wheel locks thrown in. This thread was valuable, though, as I was able to say that I KNOW other Calgary purchasers were getting discounts larger than the $500 they like to say is the limit.

For me, the discount is only to make me feel better about the purchase... it's like being in Mexico and getting the Oakley knock-offs for a few pesos less... really not a big deal but you feel better about the purchase.

My production week is next week and I would gladly give back that $1000 to have that car NOW!!!

I've been biting my nails a bit too much lately waiting for this thing to get in my garage already!

PS. This summer, I'm going to be arranging a Calgary/Area BMW photoshoot with any owners (any model of BMW will be invited) that are interested in some cool pics of their babies. I will post more info once I have my ride...
      11-06-2006, 05:30 PM   #16
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

I ordered 328ci from Calgary BMW. As noted in the forum both the dealerships are owned by the same guy. I went to the one in Crowfoot about 6 months ago (Before I bought the Imprezza WRX) with the intention of buying a car and no one even acknowledge that we were there. This time I was going to order the car from BC but one of my freind who bought a X5 from Calgary BMW asked me to talked to the Sales person who sold the X5 to him. I told him what I want and he told me that they are not going to drop the price. By that time I already had a verbal quote from a delaer ship in BC. Thei price was 1500 cheaper than Calgary BMW. Sales person was trying to convince me to buy from Calgary for the Full price. I told him that if they give 1500 off I will get it from them. Finally they agreed.
My car is in Dec production and I will hopefully get it in Feb'07.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 01:27 AM   #17
blam
Canada
Rep
Drives: '05 330ciA

I have sold many cars to Alberta. Some of my best clients are in Calgary and Edmonton. We generally have better pricing and more selection in B.C. Contact me if you need some assistance.
      07-16-2008, 12:04 AM   #18
dubber1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i Cabrio

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
I bought both my '06 325i (sold) and 335xi at BMW Gallery from Rishi. Very nice guy but still new. I have trouble with the parts department there though. They always have trouble finding the parts that I need and occasionally end up selling me the wrong parts. I have started going to Calgary BMW for parts and I am probably going to go there for service too from now on (or Edmonton) ever since I found out that they put about 200km on my car after changing out a turbo a few weeks ago. They said it was to break it in and even if that is true, I am still bitter that I only found out about it when I saw my car leaving the lot as the dealership was closing and went and called them on it.

2017 430i xDrive Cabriolet
Retired: 2007 335xi Sapphire/Terra Premium
Retired: 2006 325i, Premium
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #19
PepperEvans
Registered
Rep
Drives: Top down

Limo Company with BMW Fleet

Whenever I conduct business in Calgary, I only go to one airport limo company as it offers first-rate BMW cars, its fleet is practically made up of BMW and Mercedes.
      10-21-2009, 04:31 PM   #20
hubble bubble
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubber1 View Post
I bought both my '06 325i (sold) and 335xi at BMW Gallery from Rishi. Very nice guy but still new. I have trouble with the parts department there though. They always have trouble finding the parts that I need and occasionally end up selling me the wrong parts. I have started going to Calgary BMW for parts and I am probably going to go there for service too from now on (or Edmonton) ever since I found out that they put about 200km on my car after changing out a turbo a few weeks ago. They said it was to break it in and even if that is true, I am still bitter that I only found out about it when I saw my car leaving the lot as the dealership was closing and went and called them on it.

I recently heard of BMW Gallery taking a customer's modified M3 out for a 200-300 km joy ride all over town. It was spotted by several people goign way fast. BMW gallery denied it, until the car owner showed them the route that they took on his GPS.

It took 6 trips to the dealership to fix the clockspring when the air bag light went on in my old E46, 7 if you count the trip back to fix the wiper switch they broke when replacing the clock spring. Then they "lost" my car in the basement for 2 days when getting the wiper switch replaced. Misdiagnosted the airbag light twice even after I asked them to check the clock spring on Day 1. Replaced a sensor and the airbag first, 2 unnecessary warranty repairs. Dealership gave me a free "full body spa" after I complained to BMW Canada, then left white residue all over my seats when they detailed it. Service manager said "it looks like the used the wrong product, I can have them re-do the seats if you leave me the car tomorrow." No thanks, I Lexol'd the interior myself.

I live less than 1 mile from BMW Gallery. I can walk there in less than 10 minutes. I will NEVER go back. I bought my E90 from Calgary BMW (20 minute drive) and go there for service too. If there was another BMW dealer not owned by the Dilawri family, I'd go there instead. But closest non-dilawri dealer is in Edmonton - 300 km away. I even went out of my way to avoid Dilawri's Honda dealership when buying my wife's car.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 04:36 PM   #21
hubble bubble
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Almost forgot....I agree you can get much better selection and pricing in BC, if you are willing to fly out and pick it up. I got my E46 used in Kelowna for 5k less than the same car was going for in Calgary. And the 6 hour drive home through the mountains was a great way to get to know my first BMW.

Vancouver area has 4 or 5 dealerships, all with different ownership. Bigger market, more selection, more competition for your business. Especially on cars in inventory. And they don't charge PST if you sign-off that you will not register the car in BC for at least 90 days. (I wonder if that will change under HST)
Appreciate 0