Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

01-18-2015, 06:17 PM   #1
Hello World
'merican in the DE
Germany
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 YMB

Awesome Auto Detailer in Peterborough

It has been too cold to wash my car properly lately and I havent been able to find anyone that I would trust with my car in the local area, till now. I went to Prestige Valeting in Peterborough this weekend and was thoroughly impressed. Peter, the owner, is very professional and thorough. For 20 pounds he gave me a really detailed wash, treated and scrubbed the wheels, wheels wells, and even did the glass inside and out. He has a indoor facility with all professional equipment, not just some dude on the street with a bucket and sponge He has a website so just google it if interested.

Im not affiliated with him or his business, Just passing on my recommendation to this group because I was really impressed with the level of service I got for 20 pounds.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 07:39 PM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Love the car!

But what you got was a valet. Detailing cost in excess of £200.

It's not something i've had done to my car, but seen plenty of chat from others over on F30POST about it.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 03:15 AM   #3
James_m4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/A

A left hooker based in the UK...?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 03:33 AM   #4
M2wolf
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Manual

Good value indeed!

Shame they don't do mobile service to Berkshire!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 05:35 AM   #5
Hello World
'merican in the DE
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Love the car!

But what you got was a valet. Detailing cost in excess of £200.

It's not something i've had done to my car, but seen plenty of chat from others over on F30POST about it.
Teaston, Thanks, me too!

you are correct, but he offers the whole range of services.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 05:38 AM   #6
Hello World
'merican in the DE
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuka View Post
A left hooker based in the UK...?
There are a couple of us. BMW offers an incentive program for U.S. Forces and diplomats serving abroad. A U.S. spec vehicle is delivered to your location, tax free. Great deal!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #7
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello World
Quote:
Love the car!

But what you got was a valet. Detailing cost in excess of 200.

Teaston, Thanks, me too!

you are correct, but he offers the whole range of services.
It is silly what some over on F30POST pay for a detail though! I'm definitely a DIY sort of guy!

I recommend you get some Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer, it's awesome stuff! Does the job of a wax and a nano coat & takes minutes to apply!

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detail...prod_1178.html
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 11:08 AM   #8
Hello World
'merican in the DE
Germany
Rep

Quote:
It is silly what some over on F30POST pay for a detail though! I'm definitely a DIY sort of guy!

I recommend you get some Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer, it's awesome stuff! Does the job of a wax and a nano coat & takes minutes to apply!

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detail...prod_1178.html
I agree I have a garage full of cleaning supplies and equipment and generally enjoy cleaning the car myself but during the winter it is very depressing to spend 3 or 4 hours of my own time and energy and then get back on the dirty roads! If I had hot water going to my pressure washer I might be tempted.
Thanks for the tip on the Sonax, I'll give it a try. Ive been using Auto Glym's products with a mix of a few other products thrown in. Im still looking for a spray foam soap that I like. I use a spray lance or snow foam lance before I hand wash and I havent found a really sticky/foamy soap, any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 11:17 AM   #9
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello World View Post
I agree I have a garage full of cleaning supplies and equipment and generally enjoy cleaning the car myself but during the winter it is very depressing to spend 3 or 4 hours of my own time and energy and then get back on the dirty roads! If I had hot water going to my pressure washer I might be tempted.
Thanks for the tip on the Sonax, I'll give it a try. Ive been using Auto Glym's products with a mix of a few other products thrown in. Im still looking for a spray foam soap that I like. I use a spray lance or snow foam lance before I hand wash and I havent found a really sticky/foamy soap, any suggestions?
According to reviews on cleanyourcar this one appears to be the one to go for http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washin.../prod_500.html it's what i'm going to order when my current one finishes.

Also very important is a decent snow foam lance. The one that comes supplied with some Nilfisk & Karcher pressure washers is no good! This is the one i've got, it's brilliant: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snow-Foam-La...mate+Snow+Foam (of course get the right one for your brand of pressure washer)
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #10
Rusk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 DCT Tanzanite Blue

I am trying to find a good place in Berkshire. I like to wash the car myself but sometimes I need a good but fairly quick job before taking the car somewhere.

I use snow foam and I use this stuff:

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/ind.../magifoam.html

You can get a good thickness which hangs for long enough but also slides off in a decent time.

I use this lance:

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/ind...onnectors.html

You need to select which pressure washer fitment you want when you order but it is great quality.

Sorry to link to another forum but if you want to learn about detailing then this is the place to do it and this thread has some good offers on the snow foam stuff!

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=183611
BMW M4 - Tanzanite Blue, Silverstone Full Merino Leather, M DCT, Comfort Access, Reversing Camera, Sun Protection Glass, Extended Storage, Armrest with sliding adjustment, Interior trim finisher - Pearl Chrome, Adaptive LED Headlights, High-Beam Assistant, Surround-View Camera, M Head-up Display, Harman/Kardon Surround Sound, Internet, Online Entertainment, Speed Limit Display, Piano Black Interior BMW Individual.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 03:25 PM   #11
Hello World
'merican in the DE
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
I am trying to find a good place in Berkshire. I like to wash the car myself but sometimes I need a good but fairly quick job before taking the car somewhere.

I use snow foam and I use this stuff:

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/ind.../magifoam.html

You can get a good thickness which hangs for long enough but also slides off in a decent time.

I use this lance:

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/ind...onnectors.html

You need to select which pressure washer fitment you want when you order but it is great quality.

Sorry to link to another forum but if you want to learn about detailing then this is the place to do it and this thread has some good offers on the snow foam stuff!

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=183611
Thanks for the tips, my lance looks much like the one you linked to except black. I love that thing.

I just noticed the specs of your car in your signature, sounds beautiful . Have you posted any pics?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 03:38 PM   #12
Rusk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the tips, my lance looks much like the one you linked to except black. I love that thing.

I just noticed the specs of your car in your signature, sounds beautiful . Have you posted any pics?
Over here post 13 there are some bad pics. I haven't given it a good enough wash to take some new ones. I also want to wait for a sunny day to really catch the blue at its best as it completely transforms!

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1069722
BMW M4 - Tanzanite Blue, Silverstone Full Merino Leather, M DCT, Comfort Access, Reversing Camera, Sun Protection Glass, Extended Storage, Armrest with sliding adjustment, Interior trim finisher - Pearl Chrome, Adaptive LED Headlights, High-Beam Assistant, Surround-View Camera, M Head-up Display, Harman/Kardon Surround Sound, Internet, Online Entertainment, Speed Limit Display, Piano Black Interior BMW Individual.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 04:01 PM   #13
Hello World
'merican in the DE
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Over here post 13 there are some bad pics. I haven't given it a good enough wash to take some new ones. I also want to wait for a sunny day to really catch the blue at its best as it completely transforms!

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1069722
For some reason I dont see any pictures.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 04:14 PM   #14
Rusk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
For some reason I dont see any pictures.
Odd. They are in my album on my profile page, can you see them there?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 04:20 PM   #15
Hello World
'merican in the DE
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Odd. They are in my album on my profile page, can you see them there?
Ok, I could see them when I went to your profile. Well done mate, that color is a superb choice, cant wait to see some pics in the sunshine.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 05:00 PM   #16
Rusk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ok, I could see them when I went to your profile. Well done mate, that color is a superb choice, cant wait to see some pics in the sunshine.
Thanks, I am in love with it! Every time I look at the car and it catches a glint of sun or light from a parking lot I stop and move around the car to see the changes in colour. I am really looking forward to summer!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 05:26 PM   #17
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusk
Quote:
Thanks, I am in love with it! Every time I look at the car and it catches a glint of sun or light from a parking lot I stop and move around the car to see the changes in colour. I am really looking forward to summer!
I want Tanzanite! But I just couldn't part with over £1k for a paint job!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 04:02 PM   #18
Rusk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I want Tanzanite! But I just couldn't part with over £1k for a paint job!
Yeh £950 for paint is a LOT of money BUT it is such a big part of how the car looks I decided it was worth it
Appreciate 0