E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2008 E92 335XI 6AT Stock

01-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #1
Metzroth
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335XI

2008 E92 335XI 6AT Stock

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 15,000.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Checking interest on my E92 335XI. It's a 2008 with about 97K miles on it. All recalls have been completed, and the car runs and drives great. I just had walnut media blasting done on the cylinder head, ran two tanks of fuel with Techron through it, changed all of the spark plugs and coils, and I've got the supplies for an oil change using AMSOIL Full SAPS 5w-40 Euro formula. The indicator for the oil change says to wait another 1900 miles before changing the oil, but it will probably be done within the next week. The only modifications to the car in the life of the car have been a K&N air filter (still present), and a Cobb AP V3. The K&N made no difference from what I could tell OTHER than you can just barely hear the turbos if you are driving spiritedly. The cobb added tons of power, but for some reason it also messed with the shift timing. As you guys probably know, the 6AT in these cars dethrottles the car while shifting. The cobb seems to mess the timing up on the dethrottle.

I'm the second owner of the car, and I've only had it for a few months. My reason for selling is that I want a manual RWD car instead.

I paid $14,000 for the car and then I had the valve cover gasket replaced, the walnut media cleaning completed, the door strikers adjusted, the coils and plugs replaced, a new air filter installed, and an oil change. I've got more than $15,000 in it, but I'd like it to sell.
The body on the car is in spectacular condition. The original owner stated the car was always garaged. Unfortunately I haven't been able to keep that up, but it does get put in the garage when the weather is bad. There are a few small blemishes that you can find if you look for, but overall it's in awesome shape.

The only body damage as of right now is from me being an idiot on the snowy roads. I was power sliding around a slippery corner and not being used to AWD I ended up much further inside the corner than I am used to. The right side of the front bumper came in contact with the inside of the corner and the lower right grill and brake duct shattered. (due to the bitter cold I'm sure) The bumper is fine. The only part of the bumper that touched the grass was the part that has probably rubbed on curbs and parking blocks when parking anyway. You can't see it while standing up. When you lay down, it looks like any other car that has been driven and parked.

I am ordering 3 new grills and the brake duct today. I wanted to replace the gray/silver colored grills with black grills anyway. My intention for the car was to drive it for a few years as a DD and then make it a play toy after I replace it. At this point, I miss my manual, and I think I prefer the the handling characteristics of RWD.

If you are interested, I'm located in Springfield, IL. There is a lien on the car right now. It is financed through PenFed and the title would be overnighted after payment has cleared my bank and been sent to PenFed.

If there is no interest, that's fine. There is nothing wrong with the car, I just thought I would be alright driving an AT and that I would enjoy AWD...but I like having full control of my transmission, and I prefer RWD.

Thanks!

Last edited by Metzroth; 01-09-2015 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #2
Metzroth
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335XI

Just checked to see where my price falls according to blue book and I think I'm pretty fair.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0