Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

10-27-2014, 05:03 AM   #1
GR3G
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M135i | Apr 15: AY M3

Garage List
2012 BMW M135i  [0.00]
Ordered: M3 Austin Yellow

Hey everyone,

Thought I would give the AU forum some attention.

So last weekend I placed an order for a Jan 2015 build M3 in Austin Yellow. Ever since I first saw the E46 M3 launch I've wanted a yellow M3 and have been working up to it ever since! To finally sign that contract last Sunday was pretty surreal.

My M135i is only 2 years old next month so wasn't in an immediate hurry so decided on a Jan 2015 build considering we're nearly there.

Patients isn't a strong point so no idea how I'm going to last until mid-late April!!! Ugh.

I never go for any dealer upsell product so passed on the official paint/leather protection just out of principle (especially for $2500!), however considering aftermarket to keep the AY looking amazing. Does anyone have options and idea what it's are worth?

Greg

Last edited by GR3G; 10-27-2014 at 05:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2014, 02:27 AM   #2
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Congrats Greg. I love the AY on the M3 (much more than M4) and if I had seen one before I ordered my car I may very well have gone AY instead of YMB although I do like the YMB as well.

I don't know how much those protection packs are worth but I never keep my cars long so I don't bother with them. But I would prefer to take it to somewhere like Final Inspection (if in Melb) to get them to treat it.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 04:03 AM   #3
GR3G
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M135i | Apr 15: AY M3

Garage List
2012 BMW M135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY
Congrats Greg. I love the AY on the M3 (much more than M4) and if I had seen one before I ordered my car I may very well have gone AY instead of YMB although I do like the YMB as well.

I don't know how much those protection packs are worth but I never keep my cars long so I don't bother with them. But I would prefer to take it to somewhere like Final Inspection (if in Melb) to get them to treat it.
Thanks WAY. Love the YMB also, was my second choice. Photos of YMB and AY just don't do the cars justice. I actually spent the last month going to every dealer in the state to see them in the flesh. The only AY M3 I could find in NSW was at a BMW track day... And I was sold!

I don't usually keep cars beyond 3-4 years but even after a few months I've had door and trolley nicks on the doors of my last two cars
Attached Images

Appreciate 0