proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

10-24-2014, 07:07 AM   #1
heckyeahbro69
Captain
Rep
Drives: m3

Daytona hpde

So my girlfriend bought me a weekend hpde at daytona nov 1-2 and I was wondering if anyone else from here was going, or perhaps has been around daytona before and had any tips. I've done events before at homestead in my evo, but this will be my first in my m4. The evo really made you feel like superman, but i have a feeling the m4 will put you in your place lol.
      10-25-2014, 08:02 AM   #2
whitstap
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15 f80 m3

sounds good...dunno if I'll make it I'm not signed up but I have turned plenty of laps at Daytona and have had a race license with NASA since 2008, know the guys w/ NASA FL and NASA SE very well should be a great event...had my '08 e90 on Daytona like 2 years ago (seems like yesterday lol) I think the M4 will be great and the 167 top speed limit will be just enough for a stock M4, no joke...lmk know if you need any tips be glad to help...I would recommend upgraded front brake pads in the least, even for hpde 1 probably, and high temp brake fluid too if you wanna do every minute of every session w/ traction control on and not have issues, maybe even rear pads too as tc can use those a lot good luck enjoy be safe - whit 561 707-2527
Appreciate 0