R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

09-08-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

F80 vs. B9

I've been waiting for the new ///M for over a year. The car is absolutely phenomenal and was worth the wait.

The problem I am having is I'm also waiting on the new Audi to get here. The new B9 should be really great too.

I am trying really hard to keep from ordering the M in October.

I will be purchasing and holding it for at least eight years. I only drive about 100 -150 maybe 200 miles a week.

Anyone else in the same situation?
      09-08-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
onatuesday
Captain
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

I think the B9 will be AMAZING. But I don't keep my cars for that long so I had no problem buying the ///M for a couple years till the B9 comes out. It'll be at least 4 years though until the B9 RS models come out. Though the S models always have plenty of punch too

I think the new MB AMG GT will be amazing. And the Maserati Alfieri. Some sick cars in the pipeline (including the M2 and M4 comp pack). You should rethink your strategy of holding on to one car for 8 years. You're missing out
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #3
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3 View Post
I think the B9 will be AMAZING. But I don't keep my cars for that long so I had no problem buying the ///M for a couple years till the B9 comes out. It'll be at least 4 years though until the B9 RS models come out. Though the S models always have plenty of punch too

I think the new MB AMG GT will be amazing. And the Maserati Alfieri. Some sick cars in the pipeline (including the M2 and M4 comp pack). You should rethink your strategy of holding on to one car for 8 years. You're missing out
I wish I could get myself to part with my cash every few years! It is hard enough every 8 - 10 for me as it is!

Damn those long term retirement and 2nd house on the beach @ Hilton Head Island goals!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #4
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

B9 what? S4? It'll be a great car but necessarily with a lot left on the table so as not to devalue the inevitable RS4/RS5.

And if you did mean the RS4, keep in mind they're a few years off as trinim3 said. And we don't even know if Audi will choose to do a sedan this time (though it seems a no-brainer) - the B8 RS4 is Avant only.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
B9 what? S4? It'll be a great car but necessarily with a lot left on the table so as not to devalue the inevitable RS4/RS5.

And if you did mean the RS4, keep in mind they're a few years off as trinim3 said. And we don't even know if Audi will choose to do a sedan this time (though it seems a no-brainer) - the B8 RS4 is Avant only.
S4 or RS4 (Sedan). I'm excited to see either/both.

My patience is a curse and virtue! However, I don't think I'll hold out for the RS if it will be three years out. I would not be shocked if they release it very shortly after the S models though; counter to their normal release cycle. I say this due to the fact they have delayed the B9s one year already. In the volume races with BMW & MB they cannot afford to wait...
Appreciate 0