E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > WTD: cheap e90 plastic/smooth interior trim

08-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #1
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 lci 330d

WTD: cheap e90 plastic/smooth interior trim

Im after a real cheap interior trim for my e90 , mines auto and has idrive if that makes a difference, condition does not matter as long as its all there in one piece as i will be wrapping it.

Plastic or smooth ally it really dont matter, i would do mine but its hex so wont come out well.

As i say aslong its in 1 piece and i can fill and rub down deep scratches etc.

Based in essex so unles within half hours drive id be looking for postage with that.

Fire what you have at me

Reece
      08-16-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
dest
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E91 320d M Sport

Ive got a set of smooth plastic trim for E90/1, its from a manual car (not sure if that makes any difference?) and has CCC idrive cut out.
It is all in very good condition and only removed because I changed to CIC brushed aluminium trim.
Sadly I'm not half an hour away but if you're not in a big hurry I am planning on coming down to the Dartford crossing area in the near future to collect something
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
kev335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Im after a real cheap interior trim for my e90 , mines auto and has idrive if that makes a difference, condition does not matter as long as its all there in one piece as i will be wrapping it.

Plastic or smooth ally it really dont matter, i would do mine but its hex so wont come out well.

Based in essex so unles within half hours drive id be looking for postage with that.

Fire what you have at me

Reece

Before you go buying new trim have u seen this? Not sure if yours is the same but if so a detail sander is all u need

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=52
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
Rally_chris
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 E91 330i Msport Touring

I'd offer you a swap with your current trim if you are ever over this side of London!

Chris
      08-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #5
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev335i
Quote:

Fire what you have at me

Reece

Before you go buying new trim have u seen this? Not sure if yours is the same but if so a detail sander is all u need

Yes i did see that, problem is i wanted to keep my trim for when i sell the car, as il be wrapping it in black carbon.

But as it has had a 335 exhaust conversion and its lowered with nrw wheels etc it may be past that point anyway or i could swap it for a standard interior etc
      08-16-2014, 10:14 AM   #6
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dest
Ive got a set of smooth plastic trim for E90/1, its from a manual car (not sure if that makes any difference?) and has CCC idrive cut out.
It is all in very good condition and only removed because I changed to CIC brushed aluminium trim.
Sadly I'm not half an hour away but if you're not in a big hurry I am planning on coming down to the Dartford crossing area in the near future to collect something
Ok thats 20 mins from me and i can drop the ' you go shopping at lakeside ive got to go and pick something up for work'
      08-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #7
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Fire what you have at me

Reece

Didnt realise it was you that posted that, by detail sander what do you mean? Like a palm sander?
      08-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #8
kev335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Didnt realise it was you that posted that, by detail sander what do you mean? Like a palm sander?
Yes something easy to use to do corners etc here's what I used
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 05:05 AM   #9
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes something easy to use to do corners etc here's what I used
What grit sandpaper did you use?
Its taken me over an hour and 4 sheets of p80 to do half of 1 front door trim.
Havs is well out the window here