BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

03-27-2018, 07:38 PM   #1
Andrei01
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 550i M pkg

Exclamation e60 Front Tow Hook Mount Help

So I purchased a 10' 550i m package in excellent shape and I love it, did a muffler delete & tinted windows. Within a week I got pulled over for no front license plate because the state of Virginia requires it. The officer was really cooperative and said that as long as I show up to court and show the judge pictures and proof of the install of the license plate everything will be squared away. I decided to go ahead and use the front tow hook option, however, once I popped open the cap, I looked inside and there is no physical mount for the tow hook or the license plate kit I ordered. It's simply an open hole with space for an actual mount, but no hole with treads or anything. Any ideas of how I could possibly add a mount for the front tow hook/license plate kit? Are there any options besides the obvious drilling holes in the bumper to install a frame, which is my last resort?
Appreciate 0