BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-05-2021, 02:18 PM   #23
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
1566
Rep
2,655
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrťal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaAllen View Post
Every COVID vaccine is effective. You just need to get vaccinated ASAP
3 posts and banned? LOL that was FAST.

Anyway, I wish more ppl were critical thinkers, more objective, used more common sense/less feelings, stop crazy mob mentality and leave politics of this... To say or imply that these vaccines are a no-brainer and that there are no downsides is just ridiculous.
__________________
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 5
TboneS54464.00
rebekahb2811.00
scostu1610.50
540iSUP521.50
AmuroRay1063.00
      11-11-2021, 01:57 PM   #24
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
3585
Rep
1,619
Posts

Drives: Cayenne, Model 3, F350
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Florida & NC

iTrader: (1)

So I know the standard issue answer for how long after potential covid exposure will you get symptoms or test positive is like 2-14 days. That’s a big freaking window though.

So realistically… if you were in a high risk situation and don’t want to risk infecting anyone at home. What do you do? I usually have a pack of those at home self test kits lying around. They are not suppose to be the most sensitive but I have also read they are good for detecting amounts of the virus large enough to cause you to spread it. Where as the fancy lab test might detect tiny amounts of virus that would not be enough for you to really spread it to anyone.

So I’m curious what you would do to be as safe as possible without locking yourself in a room for half a month.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 01:36 AM   #25
Kick 6
Private First Class
Kick 6's Avatar
223
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: BMW M6
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
So I know the standard issue answer for how long after potential covid exposure will you get symptoms or test positive is like 2-14 days. Thatís a big freaking window though.

So realisticallyÖ if you were in a high risk situation and donít want to risk infecting anyone at home. What do you do? I usually have a pack of those at home self test kits lying around. They are not suppose to be the most sensitive but I have also read they are good for detecting amounts of the virus large enough to cause you to spread it. Where as the fancy lab test might detect tiny amounts of virus that would not be enough for you to really spread it to anyone.

So Iím curious what you would do to be as safe as possible without locking yourself in a room for half a month.
I've been exposed or been in bad situations where I could have been exposed on many occasions. I've even worked next to someone who didn't know she was positive all day. On the occasions where I thought I had a higher chance of acquiring the virus, I slept in another bedroom away from my wife and made every effort to avoid staying around as many people as I could. My stores have low carbon dioxide levels and good cross ventilation so I wasn't worried about spreading it at work if I had it. On my worst exposure, I took 500 mg of liposomal Vitamin C liquid every 15 to 30 minutes for one day. I totaled 25 grams that day and 12 grams the next day. Now that I know how important melatonin is, I would supplement high doses of it as well.

I also eat for a purpose which is different than the way most people eat. That helps my immune system keep viral load down.
Appreciate 2
      11-12-2021, 03:02 AM   #26
540iSUP
Captain
522
Rep
653
Posts

Drives: G30, E36
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
So I know the standard issue answer for how long after potential covid exposure will you get symptoms or test positive is like 2-14 days. Thatís a big freaking window though.

So realisticallyÖ if you were in a high risk situation and donít want to risk infecting anyone at home. What do you do? I usually have a pack of those at home self test kits lying around. They are not suppose to be the most sensitive but I have also read they are good for detecting amounts of the virus large enough to cause you to spread it. Where as the fancy lab test might detect tiny amounts of virus that would not be enough for you to really spread it to anyone.

So Iím curious what you would do to be as safe as possible without locking yourself in a room for half a month.
I work directly with COVID patients in the ICU as well as Covid babies in the NICU. My wife is a Pediatric Nurse and deals with Covid at the bedside as well. As a Respiratory Therapist, I am the person who will place you on a ventilator and manage it. My personal PPE has come down to just an N95 mask and sometimes I might wear Eye protection. I will always have gloves on and an N95. I only gown up if I know we need to "prone" a patient, meaning we need to flip them on their stomach so they can breathe.

None of my family in my household have ever contracted Covid. As long as you protect yourself, wash your hands, and, in my case, I remove my scrubs in my garage when I get home. I never really disinfect my car or wash the car mats or anything and I walk all over my garage floor with the same shoes I use in the hospital.

I believe if you know you're going to be in a confined area with a lot of people, and poor air circulation for a long time then you should wear a mask, don't touch your eyes, nose, ears or mouth, and wash your hands regularly. You will be fine.

If you're showing signs or symptoms of Covid or even the common cold, I would definitely quarantine myself from my family for at least 2 weeks.
Appreciate 6
Kick 6222.50
Hawkeye2062.50
wdb3621.50
AmuroRay1063.00
      11-12-2021, 09:12 AM   #27
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
6oclockshadow's Avatar
United_States
443
Rep
195
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340i
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Boston; Clifden, IE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
I work directly with COVID patients in the ICU as well as Covid babies in the NICU. My wife is a Pediatric Nurse and deals with Covid at the bedside as well. As a Respiratory Therapist, I am the person who will place you on a ventilator and manage it. My personal PPE has come down to just an N95 mask and sometimes I might wear Eye protection. I will always have gloves on and an N95. I only gown up if I know we need to "prone" a patient, meaning we need to flip them on their stomach so they can breathe.

None of my family in my household have ever contracted Covid. As long as you protect yourself, wash your hands, and, in my case, I remove my scrubs in my garage when I get home. I never really disinfect my car or wash the car mats or anything and I walk all over my garage floor with the same shoes I use in the hospital.

I believe if you know you're going to be in a confined area with a lot of people, and poor air circulation for a long time then you should wear a mask, don't touch your eyes, nose, ears or mouth, and wash your hands regularly. You will be fine.

If you're showing signs or symptoms of Covid or even the common cold, I would definitely quarantine myself from my family for at least 2 weeks.
Is it realistic for people to effectively quarantine themselves from their family for 2 weeks--especially if everyone in the family is vaxed? I don't think everyone will have that option.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 10:01 AM   #28
Kick 6
Private First Class
Kick 6's Avatar
223
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: BMW M6
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
Is it realistic for people to effectively quarantine themselves from their family for 2 weeks--especially if everyone in the family is vaxed? I don't think everyone will have that option.
The vaccine does not stop the transmission of the virus. It can reduce the length of time you have viral shedding, but for the first 5 or 6 days, the nasopharngeal viral levels are the same for vaccinated and unvaccinated people. This allows several days for the virus to be spread before the vaccine starts to reduce viral load.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP521.50
      11-14-2021, 06:25 AM   #29
iamwingman
Major
1145
Rep
1,153
Posts

Drives: 21 Carrera S, 22 Tesla 3 LR
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Hey everybody. I’m just posting an FYI here. I got the Moderna booster Friday evening at 5 o’clock. Had Pfizer vaccine for initial round. Just to tell you, this thing knocked me on my ass. I’m starting to go in the right direction now, but it was rough. Total hell splitting headache. Literally every muscle in my body ached and ached bad. Every joint ached and ached bad. My shoulders, my neck, my hips, my knees. It hurts my forehead and eye socket to blink. No lie, my dingaling hurts when I take a squirt. And I’ve got 102 fever. Fortunately I have a a stash of Percocet that has really helped. Just a heads up is all. From what read, the more the adverse the reaction the more benefit you are getting. Don’t know if that’s true, but.. The initial Pfizer doses didn’t really bother me at all. Maybe a little groggy the next afternoon, but that’s it. Anyways, that is all.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2021, 08:50 AM   #30
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
1566
Rep
2,655
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrťal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwingman View Post
Hey everybody. Iím just posting an FYI here. I got the Moderna booster Friday evening at 5 oíclock. Had Pfizer vaccine for initial round. Just to tell you, this thing knocked me on my ass. Iím starting to go in the right direction now, but it was rough. Total hell splitting headache. Literally every muscle in my body ached and ached bad. Every joint ached and ached bad. My shoulders, my neck, my hips, my knees. It hurts my forehead and eye socket to blink. No lie, my dingaling hurts when I take a squirt. And Iíve got 102 fever. Fortunately I have a a stash of Percocet that has really helped. Just a heads up is all. From what read, the more the adverse the reaction the more benefit you are getting. Donít know if thatís true, but.. The initial Pfizer doses didnít really bother me at all. Maybe a little groggy the next afternoon, but thatís it. Anyways, that is all.
Hope you're feeling better.

This reminds me of another pt: these are already new, untested drugs but isn't it even more folly to mix shots? Why are they ok w this and even encouraging it vs saying ppl should stick w the same brand?
__________________
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 10:29 AM   #31
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
3585
Rep
1,619
Posts

Drives: Cayenne, Model 3, F350
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Florida & NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Hope you're feeling better.

This reminds me of another pt: these are already new, untested drugs but isn't it even more folly to mix shots? Why are they ok w this and even encouraging it vs saying ppl should stick w the same brand?
I’m surprised we even know the brands of covid vaccines. I mean I’ve never heard of the brands for flu vaccines or any other vaccine. In those case you just get “the” vaccine no?
Appreciate 3
540iSUP521.50
wdb3621.50
      11-14-2021, 10:53 AM   #32
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
1566
Rep
2,655
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrťal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Iím surprised we even know the brands of covid vaccines. I mean Iíve never heard of the brands for flu vaccines or any other vaccine. In those case you just get ďtheĒ vaccine no?
Not sure if you're trying to be funny but for other vaccines there's usually no mixing involved and many are just 1 shot, vs these C19 ones, whatever you wanna call them brands, types, whatever. These cannot be flippantly equated w vaccines that have actually been through the prescribed screening/test processes.
__________________
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
AmuroRay1063.00
      11-17-2021, 12:42 AM   #33
540iSUP
Captain
522
Rep
653
Posts

Drives: G30, E36
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Not sure if you're trying to be funny but for other vaccines there's usually no mixing involved and many are just 1 shot, vs these C19 ones, whatever you wanna call them brands, types, whatever. These cannot be flippantly equated w vaccines that have actually been through the prescribed screening/test processes.
This is one of the public's misconceptions about the vaccines. People assume, because the vaccine came out so fast, that it wasn't tested. The reality is that Covid-19 is a Coronavirus. The common cold is a Coronavirus. Let that sink in... the Common Cold IS a Coronavirus. We have vaccines for MERS and SARS, each of which is a Coronavirus. All we needed to do was change the vaccines a little bit to cover the new Novel Coronavirus. So the current Vaccines we have are considered safe because of all of the previous work and tests done when developing this new vaccine. Sure we should and could test more, but by that time the world would have lost at least 1/3rd if not more of the population before we roll out the vaccine. So, because this new Coronavirus is a lot more contagious and a lot more deadly, we needed to take action to get ahead of it and try to control the spread. I can almost guarantee that if this virus was really contagious, but didn't kill anyone, we wouldn't care, just like the common cold.

***I'm not a scientist nor would I consider myself an authority on any of this. It is up to you to ask questions and do your own research. I am merely putting forth what I know as a Respiratory Therapist and from my first hand knowledge and experience.***
Appreciate 2
      11-17-2021, 12:44 AM   #34
540iSUP
Captain
522
Rep
653
Posts

Drives: G30, E36
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwingman View Post
Hey everybody. Iím just posting an FYI here. I got the Moderna booster Friday evening at 5 oíclock. Had Pfizer vaccine for initial round. Just to tell you, this thing knocked me on my ass. Iím starting to go in the right direction now, but it was rough. Total hell splitting headache. Literally every muscle in my body ached and ached bad. Every joint ached and ached bad. My shoulders, my neck, my hips, my knees. It hurts my forehead and eye socket to blink. No lie, my dingaling hurts when I take a squirt. And Iíve got 102 fever. Fortunately I have a a stash of Percocet that has really helped. Just a heads up is all. From what read, the more the adverse the reaction the more benefit you are getting. Donít know if thatís true, but.. The initial Pfizer doses didnít really bother me at all. Maybe a little groggy the next afternoon, but thatís it. Anyways, that is all.
The science is always changing. At first it was said to get a booster from the same company. Now it is said that it's better to get another brand to cover all your bases. This would be something that @kick6 could probably explain better.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 12:51 AM   #35
540iSUP
Captain
522
Rep
653
Posts

Drives: G30, E36
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
Is it realistic for people to effectively quarantine themselves from their family for 2 weeks--especially if everyone in the family is vaxed? I don't think everyone will have that option.
It depends on what you consider quarantine. I am fortunate to have an extra room in the house that I can put myself, my wife, or any of my kids in. I also know that I can be in the same room as anyone who has COVID as long as both of us have our masks on. I don't need to gown up, put on any eye protection, or cover my hair. As I stated before, watch for respiratory transmission and wash your hands.

It would be really hard for those who live in studio apartments or places where space isn't available. In those situations I would have everyone mask up and make hygiene a priority.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 01:22 AM   #36
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
1566
Rep
2,655
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrťal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
This is one of the public's misconceptions about the vaccines. People assume, because the vaccine came out so fast, that it wasn't tested. The reality is that Covid-19 is a Coronavirus. The common cold is a Coronavirus. Let that sink in... the Common Cold IS a Coronavirus. We have vaccines for MERS and SARS, each of which is a Coronavirus. All we needed to do was change the vaccines a little bit to cover the new Novel Coronavirus. So the current Vaccines we have are considered safe because of all of the previous work and tests done when developing this new vaccine. Sure we should and could test more, but by that time the world would have lost at least 1/3rd if not more of the population before we roll out the vaccine. So, because this new Coronavirus is a lot more contagious and a lot more deadly, we needed to take action to get ahead of it and try to control the spread. I can almost guarantee that if this virus was really contagious, but didn't kill anyone, we wouldn't care, just like the common cold.

***I'm not a scientist nor would I consider myself an authority on any of this. It is up to you to ask questions and do your own research. I am merely putting forth what I know as a Respiratory Therapist and from my first hand knowledge and experience.***
There is no misconception: I never said it wasn't tested, just that it didn't go through the usual proper channels as many other vaccines. Don't misconstrue what I said. Would also appreciate that you refrain from hyperboles like 1/3 or more of ppl getting killed by this virus when obviously it's nowhere near that. Stick w facts and not sensationalism.

Like I said in a previous post, unfortunately there are way too many ppl who just refuse to critically think things through.
__________________
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 2
rebekahb2811.00
      11-17-2021, 02:22 AM   #37
540iSUP
Captain
522
Rep
653
Posts

Drives: G30, E36
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
There is no misconception: I never said it wasn't tested, just that it didn't go through the usual proper channels as many other vaccines. Don't misconstrue what I said. Would also appreciate that you refrain from hyperboles like 1/3 or more of ppl getting killed by this virus when obviously it's nowhere near that. Stick w facts and not sensationalism.

Like I said in a previous post, unfortunately there are way too many ppl who just refuse to critically think things through.
I apologize, and won't sensationalize, but I stand my ground when it comes to the speed at which the vaccine rolled out. It was considered an emergency and therefore needed to cut through a lot of red tape. There was the notion that if we didn't roll out a vaccine, more people would get sick and die before herd immunity could take affect. The whole rationale was the lesser of 2 evils. In hindsight its easy to pass judgement, but in the moment, you have to make a decision and live with the consequences.

To me, what I have seen, is out of sight, out of mind. From my perspective, my hospital is at 110% capacity. 92% of our patients are Covid patients. 90% of those Covid patients did not get vaccinated. We have no beds, no staff, and no equipment to service everyone. We can't transport any patients to higher acuity facilities because they are at capacity as well. Some hospitals in my area do have beds, but they don't have the staff to be able to open those beds. So far, only about 35% of patients that have had Covid in our hospital have died. So from my math, that's about 1/3 of the Covid positive population, in my hospital. Now these numbers don't reflect every hospital, but again, this is my first hand perspective. The demographics of the area we service is mostly uneducated farm workers. My county is considered a Red county as well, meaning that people tend to politicize the vaccine, don't believe in wearing masks, nor do they want the vaccine.

This vaccine won't prevent you from getting the virus. What it will do, is it will keep your symptoms in check. At first, the hope was to roll out a vaccine to prevent the virus from spreading and therefore killing people. We learned that the vaccine actually did not stop transmission, but what it does do is it prevents you from getting "really sick". This is important because of what I stated before, our medical system can't handle the influx of Covid patients.

Going back to your point, what exactly are or were the proper channels this vaccine had to go through, that it did not? Also, you claim people aren't critically thinking things through, what are these things that people aren't thinking thoroughly about?
Appreciate 1
vanguard8242.50
      11-17-2021, 03:28 AM   #38
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
1566
Rep
2,655
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrťal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
I apologize, and won't sensationalize, but I stand my ground when it comes to the speed at which the vaccine rolled out. It was considered an emergency and therefore needed to cut through a lot of red tape. There was the notion that if we didn't roll out a vaccine, more people would get sick and die before herd immunity could take affect. The whole rationale was the lesser of 2 evils. In hindsight its easy to pass judgement, but in the moment, you have to make a decision and live with the consequences.

To me, what I have seen, is out of sight, out of mind. From my perspective, my hospital is at 110% capacity. 92% of our patients are Covid patients. 90% of those Covid patients did not get vaccinated. We have no beds, no staff, and no equipment to service everyone. We can't transport any patients to higher acuity facilities because they are at capacity as well. Some hospitals in my area do have beds, but they don't have the staff to be able to open those beds. So far, only about 35% of patients that have had Covid in our hospital have died. So from my math, that's about 1/3 of the Covid positive population, in my hospital. Now these numbers don't reflect every hospital, but again, this is my first hand perspective. The demographics of the area we service is mostly uneducated farm workers. My county is considered a Red county as well, meaning that people tend to politicize the vaccine, don't believe in wearing masks, nor do they want the vaccine.

This vaccine won't prevent you from getting the virus. What it will do, is it will keep your symptoms in check. At first, the hope was to roll out a vaccine to prevent the virus from spreading and therefore killing people. We learned that the vaccine actually did not stop transmission, but what it does do is it prevents you from getting "really sick". This is important because of what I stated before, our medical system can't handle the influx of Covid patients.

Going back to your point, what exactly are or were the proper channels this vaccine had to go through, that it did not? Also, you claim people aren't critically thinking things through, what are these things that people aren't thinking thoroughly about?
No need to apologize and it's a shame that the hospital in which you work at was/is inundated w all the sick.

All I'm saying is that ppl shouldn't sensationalize and as a result try to rationalize skipping steps in the vaccine stages that were in place for good reason.

According to this chart atm there are 255,171,000 infected worldwide, 5,137,467 deaths out of 7,874,965,825 ppl in this world (googled world pop for 2021)


so nowhere even remotely close to your doomsday scenario of 1/3 deaths worldwide. You cannot first say that they were indeed rushed but due to extenuating circumstances had to be implemented ASAP and then turn around and say that these C19 vaccines have gone through the same scrutiny as other drugs and that there are absolutely no worries whatsoever. Anyway, what should've been the proper measures is up for debate and I'd leave it at that.
__________________
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 03:53 AM   #39
Kick 6
Private First Class
Kick 6's Avatar
223
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: BMW M6
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
This is one of the public's misconceptions about the vaccines. People assume, because the vaccine came out so fast, that it wasn't tested. The reality is that Covid-19 is a Coronavirus. The common cold is a Coronavirus. Let that sink in... the Common Cold IS a Coronavirus. We have vaccines for MERS and SARS, each of which is a Coronavirus. All we needed to do was change the vaccines a little bit to cover the new Novel Coronavirus. So the current Vaccines we have are considered safe because of all of the previous work and tests done when developing this new vaccine. Sure we should and could test more, but by that time the world would have lost at least 1/3rd if not more of the population before we roll out the vaccine. So, because this new Coronavirus is a lot more contagious and a lot more deadly, we needed to take action to get ahead of it and try to control the spread. I can almost guarantee that if this virus was really contagious, but didn't kill anyone, we wouldn't care, just like the common cold.

***I'm not a scientist nor would I consider myself an authority on any of this. It is up to you to ask questions and do your own research. I am merely putting forth what I know as a Respiratory Therapist and from my first hand knowledge and experience.***
This is 100% incorrect. Vaccines for MERS and SARS never came to market because of VAERD which stands for vaccine associated enhanced respiratory disease. The potential for getting VAERD is the reason I do not advocate getting the J&J or the AstraZeneca COVID vaccinations.

The mRNA technology used in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines has not been used previously as a vaccine. It has been previously used in various cancer therapies.

One hesitation I had about the new COVID vaccines was the potential development of VAERD and my concerns were valid. I now have two family members that have suffered greatly because of the vaccines. My brother has viral cardiomyopathy from the vaccine and my wife's nephew at 22 years old just had open heart surgery as a result from the vaccine. There is good and bad with everything we do and each must be examined closely. My fear is that the bad of the vaccines is not being examined closely.
Appreciate 2
540iSUP521.50
      11-17-2021, 07:08 AM   #40
540iSUP
Captain
522
Rep
653
Posts

Drives: G30, E36
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
This is 100% incorrect. Vaccines for MERS and SARS never came to market because of VAERD which stands for vaccine associated enhanced respiratory disease. The potential for getting VAERD is the reason I do not advocate getting the J&J or the AstraZeneca COVID vaccinations.

The mRNA technology used in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines has not been used previously as a vaccine. It has been previously used in various cancer therapies.

One hesitation I had about the new COVID vaccines was the potential development of VAERD and my concerns were valid. I now have two family members that have suffered greatly because of the vaccines. My brother has viral cardiomyopathy from the vaccine and my wife's nephew at 22 years old just had open heart surgery as a result from the vaccine. There is good and bad with everything we do and each must be examined closely. My fear is that the bad of the vaccines is not being examined closely.
Thank you for correcting me. I am aware of the potential side effects, especially with all the cases of young, healthy males getting pericarditis. This is actually why I'm hesitant to have my 8 year old vaccinated. Even though I'm in the trenches, I am still hesitant to have my child get it.

As I was alluding to in the first Covid thread, there are a lot more possible side effects not only to the vaccine, but to Covid in general. People that have recovered are having heart problems, blood clotting issues, headaches, and still trouble breathing. People have indeed died from complications due to Covid. The same can be said about those that have been vaccinated. They have shown side effects to the vaccine and some people have died. I am starting to see how this virus is affecting our pregnant population as well. It is disheartening when a woman who is only 21-27 weeks pregnant has a bad case of Covid we have to do an emergency c-section to save her and hopefully her baby.

At the end of the day, people are right when they say "My body, my choice", especially knowing that the vaccine doesn't stop the actual spread.

Here are some quick articles to read if you're up to it.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...ine-so-quickly
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...elopment-speed
https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/we...accines-rushed

VAERD concerns:
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...ghly-effective
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2622-0

Cardiac Concerns:
https://www.vcuhealth.org/news/covid...nts-is-it-safe
https://www.fda.gov/media/153514/download

ADE concerns:
https://www.medpagetoday.com/special...clusives/91648

Last edited by 540iSUP; 11-17-2021 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: Added links
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2021, 01:31 PM   #41
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15003
Rep
9,127
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
At the end of the day, people are right when they say "My body, my choice", especially knowing that the vaccine doesn't stop the actual spread.
BUT, this is NOT what's happening.

By next Spring, your child will be REQUIRED in the wonderful state of Kalifornia, to be vaccinated to attend school. Unless you have already qualified, it will be difficult to get your teaching credential before then, and keep the kid home-schooled. It's illegal not to get your kid egumacated.

Kern?
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2021, 08:20 AM   #42
bucketfoot
Captain
bucketfoot's Avatar
United_States
735
Rep
808
Posts

Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Centennial, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
I am not a fan of mixing boosters, especially AstraZeneca and J&J with anything.
I'm looking at getting my booster fairly soon. Initially I had Moderna, given your preference for Pfizer would you recommend I go that route for my 3rd shot or stick with Moderna?
__________________
This post sent using 100% recycled electrons.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 11:56 AM   #43
Kick 6
Private First Class
Kick 6's Avatar
223
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: BMW M6
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
I'm looking at getting my booster fairly soon. Initially I had Moderna, given your preference for Pfizer would you recommend I go that route for my 3rd shot or stick with Moderna?
I don't have a good track record on my Pfizer suggestion lately. That's what I told my brother to get and landed him 13 days in the hospital. I don't know what to give at this point.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 12:10 PM   #44
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
1566
Rep
2,655
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrťal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
I don't have a good track record on my Pfizer suggestion lately. That's what I told my brother to get and landed him 13 days in the hospital. I don't know what to give at this point.
That's awful, is he at least getting better? Hope he recovers soon.

Pfizer was touted as the 'best' one to get. If not that, what alternatives are there? Horrible we are all put into this crazy situation.
__________________
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST