BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-28-2022, 10:03 PM   #111
Flying05
Captain
Flying05's Avatar
892
Rep
807
Posts

Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaVauros View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
If the car isn't available with a manual I won't buy it. I am not saying which is better its what I prefer. What I find amazing is that most manual cars are sold in the US when just a few decades ago it was Europe that had the most manual tranny cars.

I would buy a Mustang GT500 tomorrow if it had a manual. I don't car if its slower in a straight line. I find the lack of involvement in cars with an auto or DCT transmission to be boring.
Man, you will never get to enjoy some great exotic cars by omitting cars that don't come in a manual. The experience in cars like Performante, 720S, Aventador, 488 Pista, 812 Superfast, etc, is amazing.

Don't let lack of a manual limit automotive experiences.
Yes and no. The experience is there, yes, but even that experience dulls over time. Driving a Huracan EVO was a supremely rewarding experience, but I wouldn't spend my money to own one simply because I wouldn't get any enjoyment out of the drive once I've acclimated to the speed (…and EVERYBODY acclimates to speed regardless of how fast the car is). All of the exotics are great, but if autos and dual clutch transmissions don't resonate with you, ultimately the car misses the mark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaVauros View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
If the car isn't available with a manual I won't buy it. I am not saying which is better its what I prefer. What I find amazing is that most manual cars are sold in the US when just a few decades ago it was Europe that had the most manual tranny cars.

I would buy a Mustang GT500 tomorrow if it had a manual. I don't car if its slower in a straight line. I find the lack of involvement in cars with an auto or DCT transmission to be boring.
Man, you will never get to enjoy some great exotic cars by omitting cars that don't come in a manual. The experience in cars like Performante, 720S, Aventador, 488 Pista, 812 Superfast, etc, is amazing.

Don't let lack of a manual limit automotive experiences.
Yes and no. The experience is there, yes, but even that experience dulls over time. Driving a Huracan EVO was a supremely rewarding experience, but I wouldn't spend my money to own one simply because I wouldn't get any enjoyment out of the drive once I've acclimated to the speed (…[i]and EVERYBODY acclimates to speed regardless of how fast the car is[/i]). All of the exotics are great, but if autos and dual clutch transmissions don't resonate with you, ultimately the car misses the mark.
100% the truth here. This is one reason why I moved back to a manual after 10 years. Once acclimated to the speed of your new car, you will always want more. Oh, and driver engagement the other main reason to get a manual.
__________________
[/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 3
      06-29-2022, 01:20 AM   #112
330indy
Save the Manuals
330indy's Avatar
United_States
1211
Rep
2,605
Posts

Drives: e36/7, e46
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Indy

iTrader: (0)

Held out, and I mean **held out**, for an MT G80.
On order— I don't mind the wait for the driver's car--- a keeper for years to come
__________________
MT cars only
2023 G80
2002 330i
2000 Z3

Last edited by 330indy; 07-05-2022 at 09:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 09:24 AM   #113
StickyPickle
Private First Class
177
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: NA
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: NA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaVauros View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
If the car isn't available with a manual I won't buy it. I am not saying which is better its what I prefer. What I find amazing is that most manual cars are sold in the US when just a few decades ago it was Europe that had the most manual tranny cars.

I would buy a Mustang GT500 tomorrow if it had a manual. I don't car if its slower in a straight line. I find the lack of involvement in cars with an auto or DCT transmission to be boring.
Man, you will never get to enjoy some great exotic cars by omitting cars that don't come in a manual. The experience in cars like Performante, 720S, Aventador, 488 Pista, 812 Superfast, etc, is amazing.

Don't let lack of a manual limit automotive experiences.
Yes and no. The experience is there, yes, but even that experience dulls over time. Driving a Huracan EVO was a supremely rewarding experience, but I wouldn't spend my money to own one simply because I wouldn't get any enjoyment out of the drive once I've acclimated to the speed (…and EVERYBODY acclimates to speed regardless of how fast the car is). All of the exotics are great, but if autos and dual clutch transmissions don't resonate with you, ultimately the car misses the mark.
Bingo, I've driven plenty of fast cars and have noticed I get bored of them after some time because it's such a sterile feeling driving an automatic. I had more fun driving my 2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 5 speed MT back in the day!
Appreciate 3
      08-03-2022, 04:28 PM   #114
MistaVauros
///M... Nuff Said.
MistaVauros's Avatar
United_States
204
Rep
585
Posts

Drives: 2020 M5 Competition
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M5C  [0.00]
I thought about trading my current '18 R8 V10+ for a 992 GT3 manual. However, I really asked myself if I'm really missing anything when driving a car like an R8 and my answer was, no. Going back to a manual for me will feel more like going backwards in time, not forward; been there and done that. I'm all for forward progression of all things, and that includes automotive technology. End of the day, it's good to see manuals still alive and thriving, I'm just not going back to one. Funny, my mom at 62 is still holding onto a manual Veloster even though she has bad knees (I expect it from her at her age, lol).

Now, am I ready to go full EV, heck no, lol.
__________________
Present: 2020 M5 Competition (I'm back!)
Past: '17 Audi R8 V10 Plus, '13 M5 Comp, '13 X5M, '13 GT-R, '12 GT-R Black Edition
'11 E92 M3 ZCP, '05 E46 M3 ZCP, '03 E46 M3

"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today" - J. Dean
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 04:46 PM   #115
Onesie
Lieutenant Colonel
Onesie's Avatar
3295
Rep
1,973
Posts

Drives: _
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: he from the north he from the canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaVauros View Post
I thought about trading my current '18 R8 V10+ for a 992 GT3 manual. However, I really asked myself if I'm really missing anything when driving a car like an R8 and my answer was, no. Going back to a manual for me will feel more like going backwards in time, not forward; been there and done that. I'm all for forward progression of all things, and that includes automotive technology. End of the day, it's good to see manuals still alive and thriving, I'm just not going back to one. Funny, my mom at 62 is still holding onto a manual Veloster even though she has bad knees (I expect it from her at her age, lol).

Now, am I ready to go full EV, heck no, lol.
What makes you say automatics are “forward”?
__________________
LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 07:47 PM   #116
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
20276
Rep
20,947
Posts

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ..in your rearview!!!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaVauros View Post
I thought about trading my current '18 R8 V10+ for a 992 GT3 manual. However, I really asked myself if I'm really missing anything when driving a car like an R8 and my answer was, no. Going back to a manual for me will feel more like going backwards in time, not forward; been there and done that. I'm all for forward progression of all things, and that includes automotive technology. End of the day, it's good to see manuals still alive and thriving, I'm just not going back to one. Funny, my mom at 62 is still holding onto a manual Veloster even though she has bad knees (I expect it from her at her age, lol).

Now, am I ready to go full EV, heck no, lol.
What makes you say automatics are "forward"?
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 05:57 PM   #117
MistaVauros
///M... Nuff Said.
MistaVauros's Avatar
United_States
204
Rep
585
Posts

Drives: 2020 M5 Competition
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M5C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaVauros View Post
I thought about trading my current '18 R8 V10+ for a 992 GT3 manual. However, I really asked myself if I'm really missing anything when driving a car like an R8 and my answer was, no. Going back to a manual for me will feel more like going backwards in time, not forward; been there and done that. I'm all for forward progression of all things, and that includes automotive technology. End of the day, it's good to see manuals still alive and thriving, I'm just not going back to one. Funny, my mom at 62 is still holding onto a manual Veloster even though she has bad knees (I expect it from her at her age, lol).

Now, am I ready to go full EV, heck no, lol.
What makes you say automatics are “forward”?
Dual clutch tech is forward. It was derived from older manual trans tech and developed for F1 racing.
__________________
Present: 2020 M5 Competition (I'm back!)
Past: '17 Audi R8 V10 Plus, '13 M5 Comp, '13 X5M, '13 GT-R, '12 GT-R Black Edition
'11 E92 M3 ZCP, '05 E46 M3 ZCP, '03 E46 M3

"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today" - J. Dean
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST