BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

06-02-2022, 07:24 PM   #23
chassis
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 X3, M-B GLE350W4

Garage List
Agree with running style. I was a heel striker for 95% of my running career. Then I had hip discomfort bad enough to force me to change to a mid-forefoot striker. I have either bursitis, a damaged labrum, or both. Heel striking means all impact goes straight into the hip joint, and is not absorbed by quad, hamstring and calf action.

The style change made a big improvement in speed/efficiency and comfort. But the damage was done to my hips after 20 years of poor form. I stopped running and switched to biking, hiking and swimming.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 08:05 AM   #24
dc503
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Agree with running style. I was a heel striker for 95% of my running career. Then I had hip discomfort bad enough to force me to change to a mid-forefoot striker. I have either bursitis, a damaged labrum, or both. Heel striking means all impact goes straight into the hip joint, and is not absorbed by quad, hamstring and calf action.
Running form is a big deal! I forgot to mention previously, I was a heavy heel striker and over strider, working on landing made a pretty significant difference. It took awhile to break the muscle memory to run with more cadence and with more of a forefoot landing.
      07-07-2022, 08:24 PM   #25
Mkenney725
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Been a big fan of the Mizuno Wave Rider Knit. They just introduced a couple years ago and with arthritis in my big toe, the knit upper is nice and roomy but great shoe. Typically do 15-20 miles a week in them. Only compliant, and not sure if the shoe or me, as have been in these for the last 4-5 pairs is I eat the liner up in the heel of both, but some moleskin and duck tape patch it upon
Appreciate 0